Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Million Mile Status

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2023, 7:21 pm
Original Poster

Delta Million Mile Status

Does Delta Million Mile Status automatically come with Silver status? I’d get the benefits of silver once I hit it? I’m about 40k away and am thinking about getting the delta Amex platinum card while I can get the 20k MQMs before years end (and the perk disappears).

Does silvers get upgraded? Would we be in upgrade priority one or three, in the new program? How does that work?
Old Sep 15, 2023, 8:16 pm

Programs: Delta, United
1 MM get complementary yearly silver and the benefits may come with that.
Old Sep 15, 2023, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by redmaple9
Does Delta Million Mile Status automatically come with Silver status? I’d get the benefits of silver once I hit it? I’m about 40k away and am thinking about getting the delta Amex platinum card while I can get the 20k MQMs before years end (and the perk disappears).

Does silvers get upgraded? Would we be in upgrade priority one or three, in the new program? How does that work?
Silvers get upgraded, but it's pretty rare. You would still be behind any Diamonds, Platinums, and Golds on the upgrade list whether MM or not. The only priority benefit is that you would rank above other Silvers in the same fare class who do not have MM status as MM status will only be the third tie-breaker for upgrades.
Old Sep 16, 2023, 2:00 am

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
If you are that close, I’d say go for it. The gift options for attaining MM status improved last year (including $1000 gift card for 1MM), you’ll have the other benefits of silver and you won’t need to worry about MQDs to maintain silver.
Old Sep 16, 2023, 2:43 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, AS MVPG 100K
On a related note, does anyone know how the new BIS mode of counting miles towards MM status will play out? Will BE seats count towards it? More interestingly for me, how will DL count miles for MM status for when one rides their partners at the lowest main cabin (but not basic economy) class? The price difference, for example, between China Air and Korean Air to certain parts of SEAsia makes me wonder. Thanks.
Old Sep 16, 2023, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ithacxa
On a related note, does anyone know how the new BIS mode of counting miles towards MM status will play out? Will BE seats count towards it? More interestingly for me, how will DL count miles for MM status for when one rides their partners at the lowest main cabin (but not basic economy) class? The price difference, for example, between China Air and Korean Air to certain parts of SEAsia makes me wonder. Thanks.
I would assume that DL BE fares (E class) will not count towards MM status just as they don't count now. KE doesn't look to even have any "Light" fare offerings from what I can see (at least on TPAC flights). AF/KL Light fares don't have a separate booking class unlike DL E fares. They just have regular coach classes and credit like regular coach classes (like DL BE fares, AF/KL Light fares have a 'B' in second to the last character of fare basis code which identifies them as Light fares). VS uses a separate booking class for it's Light fares (T), but DL still currently provides credit for them (including in 2024) unlike DL E fares.

VS Light fares, like DL BE fares, are dual inventory fares and have a separate underlying coach class for the first letter of the fare basis code. The particular Light fare you end up with will depend on inventory availabliity in those underlying coach class fare buckets, but the fares ultimately all book into the T booking class regardless of the underlying coach class on fare. Since AF/KL don't have a separate booking class for their Light fares, the booking class is just the same the coach class letter that is the first letter of the fare basis code for the Light fare (and the particular Light fare you get will again depend on bucket availability in those coach classes).
ithacxa likes this.

Last edited by xliioper; Sep 16, 2023 at 4:41 am
Old Sep 16, 2023, 5:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar
1 MM get complementary yearly silver and the benefits may come with that.
If I have million mile status (automatic silver) would I need another $6000 MQD to reach gold, or the full $12,000?
Old Sep 16, 2023, 5:12 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by redmaple9
If I have million mile status (automatic silver) would I need another $6000 MQD to reach gold, or the full $12,000?
Full. You still start with 0.
Old Sep 16, 2023, 9:43 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by xliioper
I would assume that DL BE fares (E class) will not count towards MM status just as they don't count now. KE doesn't look to even have any "Light" fare offerings from what I can see (at least on TPAC flights). AF/KL Light fares don't have a separate booking class unlike DL E fares. They just have regular coach classes and credit like regular coach classes (like DL BE fares, AF/KL Light fares have a 'B' in second to the last character of fare basis code which identifies them as Light fares). VS uses a separate booking class for it's Light fares (T), but DL still currently provides credit for them (including in 2024) unlike DL E fares.

VS Light fares, like DL BE fares, are dual inventory fares and have a separate underlying coach class for the first letter of the fare basis code. The particular Light fare you end up with will depend on inventory availabliity in those underlying coach class fare buckets, but the fares ultimately all book into the T booking class regardless of the underlying coach class on fare. Since AF/KL don't have a separate booking class for their Light fares, the booking class is just the same the coach class letter that is the first letter of the fare basis code for the Light fare (and the particular Light fare you get will again depend on bucket availability in those coach classes).
-------

Thanks for the answer. The examples you mentioned are for their core partners. I wonder how they would count China Air, Saudia, etc. They still haven't updated their website as of this post, and someone on another post said they would be using China Air in January. I'd hate for this person to be the guinea pig, so I hope Delta clarifies this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.