Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Happy with the changes….

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2023, 6:19 pm
Original Poster

Happy with the changes….

Well, only happy because they seem to benefit me but I may be one of the few. Overall I get it that most people get screwed with the new plan.
I don’t own any Delta credit cards so that part doesn’t bother me. I am a million miler but last year moved away from a Delta hub and don’t fly Delta very much anymore from my new town. With million miler I am guaranteed silver status which sounds like it will have a little more power and exclusivity in 2025. That helps me, plus all those MQMs that have been rolled over for years - 125,000 will be converted into miles next year which will give me a free trip somewhere when previously those MQMs were worthless. So win-win for me, but I get the angst from most people. If I was still in MSP and flying a ton I would be mad.
gt5889a likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2023, 6:31 pm

Seems more indifferent than happy. You sound like you don't use the service, and it doesn't change much for you. 125k MQM would have given you Diamond and along with that RUCs and GUCs, now you end up with 60k SkyMiles, and no 15% off from a credit card. I see that as a significant downgrade. I don't think silver helps you in 2025, because of the MQM to MQD conversion.
Old Sep 14, 2023, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by xiphoid76
Well, only happy because they seem to benefit me but I may be one of the few. Overall I get it that most people get screwed with the new plan.
I don’t own any Delta credit cards so that part doesn’t bother me. I am a million miler but last year moved away from a Delta hub and don’t fly Delta very much anymore from my new town. With million miler I am guaranteed silver status which sounds like it will have a little more power and exclusivity in 2025. That helps me, plus all those MQMs that have been rolled over for years - 125,000 will be converted into miles next year which will give me a free trip somewhere when previously those MQMs were worthless. So win-win for me, but I get the angst from most people. If I was still in MSP and flying a ton I would be mad.
Your MQM rollover will be 125,000 less 25/50/75/125,000 depending on your medallion level which will be deducted on 12/31/23. For those who don’t organically make at least Silver (MM doesn’t count) the rollover will be 0.
DiverDave likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2023, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
OP is in for a surprise end of the year when their MQM go to zero, since it sounds like they won't qualify for FO this year through flying. Guessing won't be too happy then.
Spiff, cre95, JesseRohr and 6 others like this.
Old Sep 14, 2023, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
OP is like, I don't fly Delta much but I'm happy with the changes.

That's kinda like saying that car crashed, but I wasn't in it, so I'm happy.
Old Sep 14, 2023, 9:54 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 2MM
I'm not entirely upset yet.

I routinely hit the $250k waiver (but also the MQD requirement). I churn AA and UA (and others) to find better redemptions, and move a lot of spend to other programs.

I'll have about 688k rollover MQMs, so Diamond 2025 will essentially be confirmed with the conversion.

I clearly spend enough on the cards to hit the SkyClub unlimited status, and the extra spend will now essentialyl be the same as the 250k waiver. For my travel patterns, I use my millions of SkyPesos on good cost per point redemptions, while relying on other programs to find pure J class long haul redemptions.

I'm excited to see the improved Choice Benefits to see how we'll play the game in 2026 and beyond.
SuperG1955 and DrMilano like this.
Old Sep 14, 2023, 10:23 pm

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
OP is like, I don't fly Delta much but I'm happy with the changes.

That's kinda like saying that car crashed, but I wasn't in it, so I'm happy.
It's not like the OP was gloating about anything. You can feel bad for the people in the car while still being grateful that you weren't in it.
Old Sep 14, 2023, 11:35 pm

Programs: DL DM
Well, . . .. With million miler I am guaranteed silver status which sounds like it will have a little more power and exclusivity in 2025. .
Million Miler does not guarantee Silver Status as it is granted “annually“. We haven’t heard anything about that still being a thing. Maybe with all the changes, that will go away?
jamesteroh and micruiser2002 like this.
Old Sep 14, 2023, 11:51 pm

Silver in 2025 will still get you a middle C+ seat most of the times, so you will be no better off than you are now (that's assuming that Million Miler doesn't get nuked down the road). While there will be less elites; there will also be less upgrades as Delta is selling FC/C+ outright and looking to increase that number even more.
DCFlyer0306 likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2023, 12:27 am

Programs: DL 2MM/DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Titanium
Originally Posted by Mr. Tickets
Million Miler does not guarantee Silver Status as it is granted “annually“. We haven’t heard anything about that still being a thing. Maybe with all the changes, that will go away?
As of January 1, 2024, MillionMiler status will be #3 tiebreak after medallion status and fare class— I don’t see MM status going away anytime in the future.

Originally Posted by Yellowjj
Silver in 2025 will still get you a middle C+ seat most of the times, so you will be no better off than you are now (that's assuming that Million Miler doesn't get nuked down the road). While there will be less elites; there will also be less upgrades as Delta is selling FC/C+ outright and looking to increase that number even more.
I suspect that there will current DM’s who will be downgraded to PM in 2025 that will just buy into the FCM marketing.
jtatlanta likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2023, 1:52 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by DrMilano
As of January 1, 2024, MillionMiler status will be #3 tiebreak after medallion status and fare class— I don’t see MM status going away anytime in the future.

I suspect that there will current DM’s who will be downgraded to PM in 2025 that will just buy into the FCM marketing.
I wasn’t implying the Million Miler Status was going away. I was just stating that the Annual Silver Status for Million Milers may go away. (It is annual status, it’s not lifetime status)
DrMilano likes this.

Last edited by Mr. Tickets; Sep 15, 2023 at 9:44 am
Old Sep 15, 2023, 5:51 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
On the bright side,

PM is the new DM.
emma dog, DrMilano and hhdl like this.
Old Sep 15, 2023, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
Your MQM rollover will be 125,000 less 25/50/75/125,000 depending on your medallion level which will be deducted on 12/31/23. For those who don’t organically make at least Silver (MM doesn’t count) the rollover will be 0.
That stinks, I hadn’t heard that. Everything I read was that it was a 2 for 1 deal for your existing rollover miles. Oh well, 125,000 rollover miles going to 0. I only fly Delta now about 3-4 times a year so not a huge loss, but was hoping for a free flight. Thanks for the knowledge.
Old Sep 15, 2023, 6:54 am

Everything I read was that it was a 2 for 1 deal for your existing rollover miles.
It is. But if you haven’t earned status for next year (MM Silver doesn’t count) you don’t actually have any MQMs to rollover.
DCFlyer0306 likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2023, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by DLHubber
It is. But if you haven’t earned status for next year (MM Silver doesn’t count) you don’t actually have any MQMs to rollover.
Only during covid did DL not deduct 25/50/75/125k miles on 12/31. Rollover is what’s left after this deduction.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.