Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

If you don’t like the changes call and complain

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2023, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

They must think customers are stupid to cut the value of their products by MULTIPLES of value and sell it as ‘simplification’. I have a business and wife has a personal amex skymiles reserve.. Been Platinum/Diamond past ten years and Amex since 2010.. after the current benefits go away they can stuff my cards up their azz..

Call them.. Make Noise!! the Amex Skymiles rep feigned not knowing a thing about it.. Deltas Customer Loyalty and Engagement guru Dwight James should find a new job…
Old Sep 14, 2023, 2:18 pm
Suspended

I don't think it would make any difference. You are still a nobody to Delta.
hockeystl, halls120, cre95 and 7 others like this.
Old Sep 14, 2023, 2:19 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Honestly I don't think DL cares to listen to feedback; what they will pay attention to is:

- if new Amex card acquisitions slow down;
- if existing Amex card cancellations increase; and
- if average spend per card decreases on the Amex portfolio
Old Sep 14, 2023, 2:27 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Premier,, AAdvantage Gold, InterContinental Ambassador
I earned my DL Platinum status flying my butt off during the nasty COVID days of 2020-2022..guess my support then doesn’t matter anymore. Oh well, will have to relook utility of my delta amex reserve, since I’ve really been flying United lately.
Spiff, Taz, unitedbusiness and 5 others like this.
Old Sep 14, 2023, 2:28 pm

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
To add to that, if you own stock, reach out to Investor Relations.
Old Sep 14, 2023, 2:32 pm

Programs: DL/HH/IHG/BW/Caesar's Diamond (Select), UA 1K, AA EXP, Marriott/MGM Gold, Hertz/Avis PC
Originally Posted by Apollosmom
I earned my DL Platinum status flying my butt off during the nasty COVID days of 2020-2022..guess my support then doesn’t matter anymore. Oh well, will have to relook utility of my delta amex reserve, since I’ve really been flying United lately.
Your support did matter for the year it was earned in and the year after. I guess technically in a very small way towards your lifetime status too.
Old Sep 14, 2023, 2:34 pm

Programs: DL - PM
Originally Posted by dw
Honestly I don't think DL cares to listen to feedback; what they will pay attention to is:

- if new Amex card acquisitions slow down;
- if existing Amex card cancellations increase; and
- if average spend per card decreases on the Amex portfolio
Another thing they may care about. If many customers who were formerly blind-loyal to Delta start shopping around, it's going to put pressure on their fare pricing. Right now they earn a decent premium over their competitors but that goes away if they have to start competing on price.
dw, eheinz, ekozie and 4 others like this.
Old Sep 14, 2023, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by Apollosmom
”too bad…so sad…sucks to be you suckkkaaa”. DL motto is what have you done for me lately and, more importantly, what are you going to do for me in the future.
Spiff, Taz, becks1 and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 14, 2023, 2:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, GlobalEntry, Admirals Club, United Club
Please don't call.
Old Sep 14, 2023, 2:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by navydevildoc
To add to that, if you own stock, reach out to Investor Relations.
Investors should care more about Delta's profits than it's frequent flyer program rule changes.
Old Sep 14, 2023, 2:45 pm

Programs: DL 2MM/DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Titanium
Or e-mail Dwight, as this was posted on r/Delta.

Spiff and becks1 like this.
Old Sep 14, 2023, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Calling the line agents to complain is not helpful. They didn't make the rule changes.

I needed to call today for a ticketing issue which I couldn't do via the web site (using early-pandemic e-credits expiring 12/31) and I got a very nice agent. While we were talking, I mentioned that hopefully she wasn't having a stressful day. She laughed, said she had just started her shift, but that she was more worried about dealing with her relatives who were Diamond. I told her the truth - I thought the changes were harsh but I'm mostly retired so they don't affect me too much - and told her that I hoped that other callers would be polite.
pbjag, KBMIFlyer, ATLCDG and 10 others like this.
Old Sep 14, 2023, 2:49 pm

I kinda feel lost after all these years as a delta platinum. Paid club membership , and when travel slowed I switched to the SMP for the spend waiver to hold on to platinum. What makes it sadder is that my non delta options for my frequent routes are not promising. My delta relationship went from a bad marriage to being straight cuckhold against my will😩Sad day.
BC300, KOTAR1988 and becks1 like this.
Old Sep 14, 2023, 2:51 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Is that a call or an email?
Old Sep 14, 2023, 2:52 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Originally Posted by DrMilano
Or e-mail Dwight, as this was posted on r/Delta.

Love how these ppl don't know that Gil West is no longer at DL, and I think the airline has slipped a lot since he left
BC300, DrMilano, ekozie and 2 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.