Wiki Posts
Search

Lines at ATL Skyclub.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2023, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, WN, SC, various other programs of lowly status
Lines at ATL Skyclub.

Is there a Priority line for access? Will be connecting international outbound, which club would you recommend? For some reason, we’ve not had to connect in ATL for a couple of years now.
Old Sep 10, 2023, 2:52 pm

Yes for DM, 360 and D1.
FabCW and lsquare like this.
Old Sep 10, 2023, 8:30 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
Yes for DM, 360 and D1.
And (I believe) paid First.
Old Sep 11, 2023, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by GrayAnderson
No, just D1, 360 and DM. Also how would the lounge agent distinguish between paid first or a an upgrade or an awards ticket? Do you think they have someone at the “priority” line checking the booking code? Is that even on the boarding pass?
Old Sep 11, 2023, 3:33 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Originally Posted by Scudsone
No, just D1, 360 and DM. Also how would the lounge agent distinguish between paid first or a an upgrade or an awards ticket? Do you think they have someone at the “priority” line checking the booking code? Is that even on the boarding pass?
The sign at the ATL Skyclub in F had the "expedited" line cover D1, 360, DM, and First. I can't speak to other airports (there are quite a few where D1 wouldn't even be a consideration for folks O/D there, though for folks connecting it would come up)
DLASflyer, lindros2 and hhdl like this.
Old Sep 11, 2023, 3:49 am

Paid domestic first doesn’t even get SC access without an Amex or SC membership. Let alone expedited entry.
Old Sep 11, 2023, 4:16 am

Paid domestic first doesn’t even get SC access without an Amex or SC membership. Let alone expedited entry.
This is true, but there are a lot of international flights out of ATL which have qualifying access for folks with at least GM (that's basically everywhere except the Caribbean). I believe the intent was/is to expedite folks in F who otherwise have access rights over those not in F in the same situation (i.e. someone pairing a Skyclub membership with standard Main Cabin, or someone using the Reserve to get in while flying BE).

Bear in mind that with the Reserve being as popular as it is, you've suddenly got a lot of folks who are riding that card to get into the lounges.
Old Sep 11, 2023, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is true, but there are a lot of international flights out of ATL which have qualifying access for folks with at least GM (that's basically everywhere except the Caribbean). I believe the intent was/is to expedite folks in F who otherwise have access rights over those not in F in the same situation (i.e. someone pairing a Skyclub membership with standard Main Cabin, or someone using the Reserve to get in while flying BE).

Bear in mind that with the Reserve being as popular as it is, you've suddenly got a lot of folks who are riding that card to get into the lounges.
DL STE+ no longer get Sky Club access on international flights unless they are specifically flying in a premium cabin (First Class, Premium Select, Delta One) on the international leg (Caribbean flights exclusion still applies). So they've already whittled away that benefit. Found a screenshot and it looks like FC is included at some lounges (but as noted, one would also need a membership, Reserve/Plat Amex, or have STE+ status to enter in these cases as DL FC alone, whether domestic or international, is not sufficient). Oddly, it says First Class "members", instead of First Class customers.

Okay, found another sign and FC is not listed. Not sure where the above sign picture was taken (or if it is still in use).

GrayAnderson likes this.

Last edited by xliioper; Sep 11, 2023 at 6:00 am
Old Sep 11, 2023, 5:41 am

Programs: DL
I have seen “First” on the line markers in ATL before. Intent or not, it seems like if your BP says “First” it would qualify.
Old Sep 11, 2023, 6:58 am

On this topic, for a long layover, which clubs are the busiest ones to avoid?
Old Sep 11, 2023, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by paul21
I have seen “First” on the line markers in ATL before. Intent or not, it seems like if your BP says “First” it would qualify.
Bizarre as first class domestic passengers without a membership or Reserve can’t access the lounge at all.
Old Sep 11, 2023, 7:35 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Bizarre as first class domestic passengers without a membership or Reserve can’t access the lounge at all.
why is this bizarre? for those who can access, they're premium passengers and therefore get priority access to the feeding trough.
Old Sep 11, 2023, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pfreet
On this topic, for a long layover, which clubs are the busiest ones to avoid?
It depends on time of day. For example hiking all the way to E or F can be a great call during the morning and early afternoon because they are so far away but they can get quite full from mid-afternoon onwards ahead of the international departure bank
pfreet likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2023, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by xliioper
DL STE+ no longer get Sky Club access on international flights unless they are specifically flying in a premium cabin (First Class, Premium Select, Delta One) on the international leg (Caribbean flights exclusion still applies). So they've already whittled away that benefit. Found a screenshot and it looks like FC is included at some lounges (but as noted, one would also need a membership, Reserve/Plat Amex, or have STE+ status to enter in these cases as DL FC alone, whether domestic or international, is not sufficient). Oddly, it says First Class "members", instead of First Class customers.

Okay, found another sign and FC is not listed. Not sure where the above sign picture was taken (or if it is still in use).

Delta's website says STE+ gets access:

Not sure if the website might be in error or something, but that's what it says as of now.

Edit: I wonder...do any other ST airlines still fly int'l F?

Anyhow...the signage is at least confusing, but I know I've pointed to it and my BP and won out before.
Old Sep 11, 2023, 9:00 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Edit: I wonder...do any other ST airlines still fly int'l F?
GA, SV, KE and AF come to mind, but there may be there others (with the caveat that GA doesn't fly to the US but flies to NRT where there is a SkyClub).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.