Wiki Posts
Search

No water for the cattle

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2023, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM
No water for the cattle

4.5h flight, in comfort plus. Had to take my meds 2h into the flight. I asked for water and the Uber cranky attendant told me they will get to us when they get to us. Entire trip from Atlanta to San Jose CA I got 1 glass of water, no soft drinks, but darn it they were able to peddle and push the meals for sale. What happened to delta service???? 4.5 hours, a soft drink might have been nice. Would have love an adult beverage, but was told they didn't stock any. So comfort plus only gets water now????? And only one small glass in 4.5h after begging???? Even SWA gives you a pop in flight. Uggggg. I felt like I was treated like a piece of garbage for asking for water. Oh yea, and the seat belt sign was off, no turbulence.
Spiff, DaxOmni, Hepsaint and 5 others like this.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 10:22 am

Programs: AA-EXP, UA, WN, DL- zilch by choice, IHG-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, Hilton Gold,
Whe you love Delta, you love them. When you hate Delta, you really hate them. I am in the latter group.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 10:26 am

Please ask to have your second post on this removed.

I bring water just because I assume that Delta is providing nothing. Hard to be disappointed then

But the complaint should be sent to Delta no one here can deal with this. I'd ask them for some compensation for the comfort experience you didn't get.
ConnieDee likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
I would write a note to Delta -- they might not do anything but this seems to be abnormal service from my experience. Certainly not going to get constant attention but you should be given alcohol in C+ and you should be getting at least 2-3 passes for drinks on the flight unless it was the late night flight with the lights out (even then the FAs typically will do a run with cups of water part way through the flight)
DaxOmni, FMDXR and becks1 like this.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 6P&E
Whe you love Delta, you love them. When you hate Delta, you really hate them. I am in the latter group.
totally!!!!!
Old Sep 8, 2023, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Sorry, not sure how it got posted twice, sorry folks!

but, this was a daytime flight. There was no excuse for not even serving pop or going through the cabin with cups and water. Pure laziness. They managed to push food for sale, but no drink service in coach. 4.5h sad what this airline has gotten to. When SWA takes care of its passengers better, that's pathetic. I was Diamond a few years back, passed the 1m mark on delta, and was just appalled at how bad the airline slipped. Not looking for anything and delta cares less about feedback outside of their shareholders, so not worth a letter. They will send the standard, sorry we suck, here's 1k miles that's not worth anything. I'll just move on. But seriously, when did delta get so bad?
Old Sep 8, 2023, 11:54 am

Programs: DL GM, MR Gold, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Write in a comment/complaint on their website, ensuring to select the flight it occurred on.
dw, Spiff, DaxOmni and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 12:38 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by bloc0102
Write in a comment/complaint on their website, ensuring to select the flight it occurred on.
absolutely! Delta’s made many service improvements based on customer feedback 🙄
Old Sep 8, 2023, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by Lisa Flyer
4.5h flight, in comfort plus. Had to take my meds 2h into the flight. I asked for water and the Uber cranky attendant told me they will get to us when they get to us. Entire trip from Atlanta to San Jose CA I got 1 glass of water, no soft drinks, but darn it they were able to peddle and push the meals for sale. What happened to delta service???? 4.5 hours, a soft drink might have been nice. Would have love an adult beverage, but was told they didn't stock any. So comfort plus only gets water now????? And only one small glass in 4.5h after begging???? Even SWA gives you a pop in flight. Uggggg. I felt like I was treated like a piece of garbage for asking for water. Oh yea, and the seat belt sign was off, no turbulence.
Did you tell the flight attendant that you needed water to take medicine?

They didn't offer anything in the back besides water? That seems unlikely (or the product of a miscater).

People like to play the victim (I begged! I felt like a piece of garbage! The flight attendant was Uber cranky!") but what is the difference between begging and asking in this context? Did you ask for water more than once? Did you ask for a soft drink? It sounds like you asked for water, didn't receive it, then asked for an alcoholic drink when they came through the cabin and was told that they didn't have that, either. Did other passengers get anything besides water? What time was the flight?

It sounds like there was some miscommunication here at the very least, and/or a miscatering in the back.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by jimrpa
disagree! Delta seems to just cut, cut, cut overall quality onboard. Even in premium cabins.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 12:54 pm

Did anyone else read this title and think Delta mishandled another animal transport? Bees, dogs, and now cows!
corky, flyerCO, ShopAround and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 12:56 pm

You must read more than the headline.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by zeke3
Did anyone else read this title and think Delta mishandled another animal transport? Bees, dogs, and now cows!

No.
DaxOmni, cre95, mrcool1122 and 5 others like this.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 1:36 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Lisa Flyer
4.5h flight, in comfort plus. Had to take my meds 2h into the flight. I asked for water and the Uber cranky attendant told me they will get to us when they get to us. .
Not to excuse the poor service, but especially with all the tarmac delays this summer in sweltering temps, it’s important for everyone to bring their own water onboard these days and not rely on the airline giving you anything.
WillBarrett_68 and wrldwide1 like this.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 2:17 pm

Programs: Delta, Marriott, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by jimrpa
I got a $200 gift card this past spring when my friends in F who I’d got award tickets for didn’t even get their sad boxes on a 900+ mile flight. FA made one drink/snack pass and disappeared into the back for the remainder of the flight. So it’s always worth a try.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.