FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   No water for the cattle (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2134528-no-water-cattle.html)

Adelphos Sep 9, 2023 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by Synapseturquoise (Post 35566926)
No, some folks refer to main cabin as "Cattle class" I guess in OP's case it will be "Cattle + "🤭

Talk about flying STEERage 🤭

james318 Sep 10, 2023 8:05 am

Originally Posted by ACES70 (Post 35565435)
Do passengers not bother to get up and go to the galley and either help themselves or ask the crew there?

In the US? That could have ended badly for the passenger.

Adam1222 Sep 10, 2023 9:04 am

Originally Posted by james318 (Post 35567875)

I can assure you many passengers in the US get out of their seats and ask for additional beverages in the galley, and often water and cups are set up for self service. The histrionics in this thread are ridiculous.

OP has previously complained about inadequate water service on other airlines.

disalex Sep 10, 2023 9:18 pm

Can you please explain how walking up to the galley and politely asking for water could possibly end badly? I have walked up to the galley countless times and asked for things or sometimes just stretching my legs and having a chat with the FA's.
Now if you happened to run into the FA from heck who screams at you to sit down and shut up, then yes probably best to go along. Personally have never seen anything like that

Adam1222 Sep 11, 2023 8:05 am

Originally Posted by disalex (Post 35569397)
Can you please explain how walking up to the galley and politely asking for water could possibly end badly? I have walked up to the galley countless times and asked for things or sometimes just stretching my legs and having a chat with the FA's.
Now if you happened to run into the FA from heck who screams at you to sit down and shut up, then yes probably best to go along. Personally have never seen anything like that

Unfortunately, a lot of posters who complain about bad service do not ask for things politely.

JAXPax Sep 11, 2023 9:46 am

Originally Posted by ACES70 (Post 35565435)
Do passengers not bother to get up and go to the galley and either help themselves or ask the crew there?

I did that yesterday on Delta. It was a meal flight a little over 2 hours in duration. Got meals out fairly quickly. When done, collected most but not all. Then the flight leader disappeared for 45 minutes. We were well into descent and hadn't seen him again and several including me still had our trays out and long finished meal trays, empty glasses, etc. Finally couldn't wait any longer to go to the lavatory, so I did go up front to the galley/lav... and I took all the meal trays and empty glasses from my row with me.

DLHubber Sep 11, 2023 10:55 am

So do they setup the snack baskets up there just for themselves?

DLHubber Sep 11, 2023 10:56 am

Originally Posted by JAXPax (Post 35570689)
I did that yesterday on Delta. It was a meal flight a little over 2 hours in duration. Got meals out fairly quickly. When done, collected most but not all. Then the flight leader disappeared for 45 minutes.

I hope you complained to Delta.

JAXPax Sep 11, 2023 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by DLHubber (Post 35570899)
I hope you complained to Delta.

I did within about 3 hours of landing. Awaiting a response. Probably 3000 miles and a generic letter. Incredulously the F/A countered to me that he had in fact been in the cabin (this was a 717, he was sitting in the jumpseat until he saw me approach). I said no, he stood behind a galley cart to block the aisle at the bulkhead while the cockpit door was opened. And that I took timestamped photos of my finished tray every 10 minutes, and I had a collection of 4. Two other passengers voiced that he was basically full of it. I half figured I'd see a red coat and/or police on arrival.

smartytravel Sep 11, 2023 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter (Post 35563755)
Please ask to have your second post on this removed.

I bring water just because I assume that Delta is providing nothing. Hard to be disappointed then

But the complaint should be sent to Delta no one here can deal with this. I'd ask them for some compensation for the comfort experience you didn't get.

That's crazy. What do you pay exorbitant airline fares for?

This sounds very scammy to be paying so much and not even expect a glass of water as needed.

Also, is that the premium experience they continue lying about to excuse premium prices?

Miesque Sep 11, 2023 6:56 pm

I fly First and Business and I always buy the biggest bottle of either Fiji or Smart Water I can find at the Hudson News et al of my departing airport because even there you need your own back up (the extent to which depends - but the adage of be prepared comes to call and I hate not having water when I want it).

shoodawg Sep 11, 2023 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by DLHubber (Post 35570896)
So do they setup the snack baskets up there just for themselves?

Sometime this year perhaps late spring, seems like guidance was given to do only one snack pass. And with the “higher” level snack basket, they do seem to be more discreet about it. I’ve also seen examples where it’s just left in the galley. So much for snacks, drinks, meal, snacks.

Adam1222 Sep 11, 2023 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by smartytravel (Post 35572183)
That's crazy. What do you pay exorbitant airline fares for?

This sounds very scammy to be paying so much and not even expect a glass of water as needed.

Also, is that the premium experience they continue lying about to excuse premium prices?

I'm not sure why you're presuming anyone is paying "exorbitant" fares, or that comfort plus entails "premium prices." Most passengers in comfort plus have paid zero or a small amount over the regular coach prices.

It is not "scammy" that buying a ticket for comfort plus does not include immediate gratification for all of ones desires.

Notably, the OP has complained that other airlines also do not provide sufficient repetitive water refills for her needs.

ND76 Sep 11, 2023 11:38 pm

If you are asleep when the FAs come by, they don't come back to check on you,

I got nothing at all in first row of C+ ATL-YYZ; fortunately for me I had breakfast in the SkyClubs in ATL. I fell asleep after boarding and didn't wake up until we were overhead PIT.

I was then on WestJet YYZ-YYT, a 2 h 50 m flight, and got one cup of diet coke and two small packaged snacks.

At least I got to YYT on schedule.

USCTrojan83 Sep 12, 2023 10:40 pm

I had a 4.5 hour flight to MCO from LAX in C+. One drink service 30 minutes in, nothing else. 3 hours later went to the galley and very politely asked for a Diet Coke to take a pill. She handed me a warm can. Politely asked for ice. She rolled her eyes and out loud said “you need ice to take a pill?”

scared me from ever going there to ask for a drink again.