Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta credit card

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2023, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Delta credit card

I'm looking for a Delta credit card,. Just missed out on a good offer ended Aug 2. Does anyone know when or if it will be offered again?
Old Aug 28, 2023, 6:19 pm

Welcome to FT! The elevated offers come and go. Sit tight, it’ll be back again.
SUPERTRAVEL and GrayAnderson like this.
Old Aug 28, 2023, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA,DL,F9,UA,WN
Yes, they are constantly repeated.
And if you really want to max out, begin with the Delta Amex Gold and collect that bonus.
Then after a year, apply for the Delta Amex Platinum and get that bonus and then cancel the Gold. (Don't upgrade, apply anew.)
Then after another year, apply for the Delta Amex Reserve and get that bonus and then cancel the Platinum. (Don't upgrade, apply anew.)
Unless it's changed, you can collect each bonus in that direction but not by downgrading.
cemlaw likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2023, 11:54 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Originally Posted by SUPERTRAVEL
And if you really want to max out, begin with the Delta Amex Gold and collect that bonus.
Then after a year, apply for the Delta Amex Platinum and get that bonus and then cancel the Gold. (Don't upgrade, apply anew.)
Then after another year, apply for the Delta Amex Reserve and get that bonus and then cancel the Platinum. (Don't upgrade, apply anew.)
Unless it's changed, you can collect each bonus in that direction but not by downgrading.
This is the first that I'd heard of a "directional" limit.
Old Aug 29, 2023, 12:17 am

Programs: DL 2MM/DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Titanium
AMEX RAT (rewards abuse team) wouldn’t claw back the SM bonuses with yearly upgrading?
Old Aug 29, 2023, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by DrMilano
AMEX RAT (rewards abuse team) wouldn’t claw back the SM bonuses with yearly upgrading?
They wouldn't claw back a SUB legitimately earned like that, but you'd be in serious danger of popup jail
Old Aug 29, 2023, 7:10 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Delta Platinum, ST Elite+
Originally Posted by SUPERTRAVEL
This is what I did, but I've kept the Platinum. I use it for daily purchases and the Reserve exclusively for air, hotel, and international travel purchases. I boost 2x/year. Just got my second on Friday for the year.
SUPERTRAVEL likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2023, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by cemlaw
This is what I did, but I've kept the Platinum. I use it for daily purchases and the Reserve exclusively for air, hotel, and international travel purchases. I boost 2x/year. Just got my second on Friday for the year.
Hotel should go on the Platinum.
cemlaw likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.