Wiki Posts
Search

New check in DeltaOne at LAX

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2023, 9:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, UA
New check in DeltaOne at LAX

Just checked in at the new check in for DeltaOne....aside from it being very inconspicuous the whole process is great. Very secluded and private, the lounge is great and the security process is almost as if you didn't do it. The private entry to the SkyClub makes it very very exclusive. Do they broadcast how special this is? Or keep it on the down low? Hard to know. But, I love it. Hope they roll this out to more cities. Very cool!
dw, NOLAnwGOLD, GagaPilot and 2 others like this.
Old Aug 21, 2023, 1:13 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by T-15.01
Do they broadcast how special this is? Or keep it on the down low?
They wrote an article: https://news.delta.com/delta-reaches...west-headhouse
Old Aug 21, 2023, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Not the D1 check in, but I wonder if anyone actually uses that West Headhouse entirely self service bag drop area that is mentioned in the article?
NOLAnwGOLD likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2023, 7:57 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by rylan
Not the D1 check in, but I wonder if anyone actually uses that West Headhouse entirely self service bag drop area that is mentioned in the article?
I tried to use it on a recent trip through LAX since it’s conveniently located right next to the new TSA PreCheck/CLEAR checkpoint and it was closed with signs directing passengers downstairs to the main check-in lobby.
Old Aug 21, 2023, 9:49 am

Programs: DL 2MM/DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Titanium
No line to enter the Sky Club golden coral endless buffet?
NOLAnwGOLD likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2023, 10:43 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by DrMilano
No line to enter the Sky Club golden coral endless buffet?
They sometimes have prep to order food at the LAX SkyClub (I had decent ramen there once)
Old Aug 30, 2023, 7:07 pm
Mandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: Airline Programs
LAX-DCA D1 access?

Delta’s website does not seem to confirm if the LAX-DCA flight sold as D1 gives access to the new LAX D1 check in area. Can anyone confirm if access is available with this flight?

https://www.delta.com/us/en/airports/united-states/los-angeles-sky-club-airport-map#onecheck
Old Aug 30, 2023, 7:25 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles Platinum Medallion
Originally Posted by koje581
Delta’s website does not seem to confirm if the LAX-DCA flight sold as D1 gives access to the new LAX D1 check in area. Can anyone confirm if access is available with this flight?

https://www.delta.com/us/en/airports...t-map#onecheck
I imagine this is still the same. Just before Covid began I flew LAX-DCA in D1 and was able to use the D1 check in area.
koje581 likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 7:36 pm

A YouTube vlogged about this check in experience and I thought this was definitely a better ground experience for DLOne customer's vs UA Polaris. The fact that the elevator leads right up to the SkyClub - is this an indication that the DLOne Lounge is near by some where? I saw another build out when I was at the DL SkyClub back in January in what looked like a second outdoor terrace towards what seems like the elevator exit once you reach the SkyClub entrance. I think I just answered my own question, lol.
NOLAnwGOLD and koje581 like this.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 8:59 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by trust77
A YouTube vlogged about this check in experience and I thought this was definitely a better ground experience for DLOne customer's vs UA Polaris. The fact that the elevator leads right up to the SkyClub - is this an indication that the DLOne Lounge is near by some where? I saw another build out when I was at the DL SkyClub back in January in what looked like a second outdoor terrace towards what seems like the elevator exit once you reach the SkyClub entrance. I think I just answered my own question, lol.
Yes, the D1 lounge will be adjacent to the SC
trust77 and koje581 like this.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by koje581

https://www.delta.com/us/en/airports...t-map#onecheck
I used the D1 check in area earlier this month flying LAX-DCA. Seems like it was just inadvertently not included on the website as an eligible flight.
koje581 likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2023, 7:23 am
Mandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: Airline Programs
Originally Posted by planetmans
I used the D1 check in area earlier this month flying LAX-DCA. Seems like it was just inadvertently not included on the website as an eligible flight.
thanks for confirming!
Old Nov 16, 2023, 2:11 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Just went through this

1) The fact that the Delta One check in is on a different floor - you have to go downstairs from the regular departures area - is a bit annoying. I had to ask a Delta employee where the area was, then I had to go downstairs and outside to access the check in area

2) Service in the check in area is great. The agents were courteous, informed etc. We didn’t partake in the snacks and drinks downstairs, but I may do it the next time I am through

3) The fact that the area has its own TSA agents and bag screeners is kind of awesome and ridiculous at the same time

4) The elevator right to the SkyClub is very nice; entering in from the back is kind of a VIP experience. We were told the Delta One club is arriving “next summer”

5) Club itself is pretty full right now; I am a big fan of the SkyDeck here, and it looks like food has been stepped up a bit

It’s a good experience, but honestly I wonder if it is a misallocation of resources. Does Delta really have enough D1 seats out of LAX to justify this? Also, the fact that it is hard to find is less than ideal given the resources they threw at this
NOLAnwGOLD and golfr like this.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 2:21 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Adelphos
It’s a good experience, but honestly I wonder if it is a misallocation of resources. Does Delta really have enough D1 seats out of LAX to justify this?
Seems like it's mostly there for the JFK flights. Looking at a typical day when all the seasonal flights are running, I see the following D1 flights out of LAX:
JFK- 9
BOS- 3
DCA, LHR, CDG, HND, SYD, AKL, PPT- 1 each

Then again, AA still has Flagship First checkin open at LAX and other than JFK, I think the only flights they have anymore out of LAX with F are 1 daily to LHR and SYD.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 2:27 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
Originally Posted by dw
Seems like it's mostly there for the JFK flights. Looking at a typical day when all the seasonal flights are running, I see the following D1 flights out of LAX:
JFK- 9
BOS- 3
DCA, LHR, CDG, HND, SYD, AKL, PPT- 1 each

Then again, AA still has Flagship First checkin open at LAX and other than JFK, I think the only flights they have anymore out of LAX with F are 1 daily to LHR and SYD.
There's also BOS, which is running twice a day right now.
dw likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.