Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Skymiles Credit on AF Flight (Operated by ASL)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2023, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hub Captive Club

Hi All!

Looking for a gut-check on this. I purchased Air France flights with cash that I'm going to credit to Delta. I know Skymiles policy is to explicitly exclude partner codeshares from earning credit if they aren't a Skyteam carrier....but at the same time, regional carriers and whatnot seem to not be an issue. I have an upcoming flight that was moved from AF mainline to ASL Airlines France, who are a charter-type operator and they're basically wet leasing/operating this flight on behalf of AF. I.e. they aren't selling/marketing this flight on thier own. Am I still hosed from earning skymiles? Timing-wise, my alternative options that keep me on AF metal are less-than-desirable. My question is focusing on the nuance of a true codeshare vs. an 'operated by' using only an AF flight number.

Thanks!
Old Aug 14, 2023, 6:11 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA Gold/1MM, AS MVP 100K, BA Gold, TK Elite
This is a good question as this happened to me as well for a flight from VLC-CDG next month.
spin2nd likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 2:06 am

Programs: AF/KL Gold, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
If it doesn’t post, since it was a schedule change, you should be able to apply for ORC (original routing credit). There is a dedicated thread for it.
spin2nd likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by spin2nd
Am I still hosed from earning skymiles?
you will earn.

Skymiles will neither know, nor care, that the flight was actually operated by an ACMI carrier on behalf of Air France rather than by AF (or their affiliates) themselves.

Originally Posted by Utskicat
If it doesn’t post, since it was a schedule change, you should be able to apply for ORC (original routing credit).
There almost certainly was no change to the schedule. The flight is most likely operating at the exact same times and with the same flightcode.

Many European flag carriers have ACMI airlines operating flights on their behalf this summer, due to unavailability of aircraft and/or staff. I flew on a BA flight operated by a Maltese-registered Avion Express aircraft last week. AF and KL are also having flights operated on their behalf by ACMI carriers.

https://www.travelguys.fr/en/2023/05...you-booked-on/
spin2nd and mizzou miles like this.

Last edited by irishguy28; Aug 15, 2023 at 2:48 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.