Wiki Posts
Search

JFK > SFO on 757-200

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2023, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, Marriott
JFK > SFO on 757-200

Hi all, apologies if this is in the wrong space and feel free to point me to a master thread.

I thought Delta flew renovated 767-300 from JFK > SFO. I have a ticketed flight and it is on a 757-200 with what seems like a dated 2x2 Delta One configuration. I was hoping for a better hard product here. Did I just get unlucky on metal being flown? I didn't pay attention to the plane type when booking because my time options were narrow and I assumed they only flew premium hardware on this route.

What gives?
Old Aug 5, 2023, 8:40 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
LAX is mostly 767-3 and 4. SFO has always gotten 757s.
Old Aug 5, 2023, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by jasonNYC85
Hi all, apologies if this is in the wrong space and feel free to point me to a master thread.

I thought Delta flew renovated 767-300 from JFK > SFO. I have a ticketed flight and it is on a 757-200 with what seems like a dated 2x2 Delta One configuration. I was hoping for a better hard product here. Did I just get unlucky on metal being flown? I didn't pay attention to the plane type when booking because my time options were narrow and I assumed they only flew premium hardware on this route.

What gives?
Even though you'll have a seatmate, you'll be more likely to have a functional seat and screen on the 757 than you would have on the 763 that appeared from time to time on the route.
dw likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2023, 8:42 am

Programs: I've gone underground!
These 752s also have lie flat seats. It’s not the bread and butter one you’re used to.
Old Aug 5, 2023, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I would not call the domestic 767-300 'premium' in D1 by any means. Those are the oldest D1 product in the fleet with narrow seats and small display screens.
Personally I'd rather have the larger and roomier 757-200 D1 seat over the 767 especially if you get an aisle.
Old Aug 5, 2023, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Thanks all. I picked 1C as I prefer an aisle over a window in a 2x2. I really thought they flew better product to SFO

Appreciate the detail and tips.
sspontak likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2023, 8:59 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by DLATL777
SFO has always gotten 757s.
There have been periods of time where some (maybe half? it's been a while, I forget the details) of the JFK/SFO frequencies were regularly scheduled on the 763.

Thanks all. I picked 1C as I prefer an aisle over a window in a 2x2. I really thought they flew better product to SFO
I actually like the 75S lieflat seat better than the 763; the downside being the 2-2 layout.
Old Aug 5, 2023, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zorak
There have been periods of time where some (maybe half? it's been a while, I forget the details) of the JFK/SFO frequencies were regularly scheduled on the 763.

I actually like the 75S lieflat seat better than the 763; the downside being the 2-2 layout.
I sometimes feel like the 763 seats are going to get stuck with me in the MRI position. I once had a screen that would play any movie you wanted, so long as the title started with an A or B.
northinsouth likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2023, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Zorak
Maybe someday we get suites for every route
Old Aug 5, 2023, 9:30 am

Appreciate the detail and tips.
The 757-200 is a fine aircraft for this domestic transcontinental route. 1C is my preferred seat because it is in the first row and these bulkhead seats have a larger footwell that offers more foot room. Enjoy your flight.
RobertS975 likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2023, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe someday we get suites for every route
♫ Someday my suite will come
Someday I'll find that seat
And how thrilling that moment will be
When that suite of my dreams comes to me ♫

And then you'll wake up to find an FA trying to serve you a poison apple and you'll find that you're missing your heart.
pharmflyer likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2023, 10:21 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I fly JFK-SFO and back regularly each Thanksgiving and the equipment is normally upgauged to 763 for that time period.
Old Aug 5, 2023, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
I fly JFK-SFO and back regularly each Thanksgiving and the equipment is normally upgauged to 763 for that time period.
It was also the predominant ship on the route during the reduced international travel days of COVID.
Old Aug 5, 2023, 10:31 am

Programs: Delta DM; Delta AMEX Reserve

What gives?
For a time Delta was flying the 763 JFK-SFO, at least on most of the routings, but I believe they have swapped to all 752. I have to disagree somewhat with others here who say they prefer the D1 752 seats. While the seatback screen may be superior, the space feels much more cramped and there is no work area like you get on the 763. I prefer the 763.
Buster CT1K likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2023, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

DL487 JFK-SFO 7AM flight is consistently a 763 on M-F flights starting Sep 11th (through early November). Although they have 1-2-1 layout, these are the unrefurbed 763s which are getting pretty worn.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.