Wiki Posts
Search

Willing to share Companion Pass

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2023, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Willing to share Companion Pass

Greetings,

I love to travel, yet it usually solo. To avoid my Companion pass to go to waste, I'd like to possibly book with someone. I fly out of JFK and willing to go to LAX, LAS, or ONT. Other possibilities MAY be Missouri, Kansas City, New Mexico or Wisconsin ( states I've never traveled to). The later would be more so a mileage run type of thing.

If interested, let's discuss.

Last edited by Only1Knique; Jun 22, 2023 at 8:21 pm Reason: Typo/incorrect wording
Old Jun 23, 2023, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
FYI, you can use your companion pass "for yourself" by booking the companion as an "extra seat" for yourself just as if you were a "passenger of size". On the passenger info, put in your first name and then for last name, input your last name followed by "EXTRASEAT". Even if you have a DL Reserve AmEx companion pass good for F/J, this method would allow you to book a Y seat and save on the cost of having to buy F while still getting the extra space.
lindros2 and steveholt like this.
Old Jun 23, 2023, 4:06 pm

Programs: I've gone underground!
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Even if you have a DL Reserve AmEx companion pass good for F/J, this method would allow you to book a Y seat and save on the cost of having to buy F while still getting the extra space.
Could someone do this with an F seat and then start a series of FT rants about some seat going out empty? 😝
Old Jun 23, 2023, 5:40 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by emma dog
Could someone do this with an F seat and then start a series of FT rants about some seat going out empty? 😝
Id pay to see this.

P.S. Post number 5,000. Wow only took 15 years.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

That "extra seat" may be considered a no show and boom, seat gone down the drain. So not a good Idea at all!
Old Jun 26, 2023, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by Only1Knique
That "extra seat" may be considered a no show and boom, seat gone down the drain. So not a good Idea at all!
No, that’s actually how extra seats are booked. It’s a legitimate thing.
steveholt, emma dog, wrp96 and 2 others like this.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 4:43 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by DLHubber
No, that’s actually how extra seats are booked. It’s a legitimate thing.
Yessir. If you call and have Delta do it, thats EXACTLY how they are gonna do it anyway.
emma dog likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2023, 9:14 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
There's an established process for booking an extra seat (despite "coach" in the thread title it can be done for F as well): Buying 2 coach seats for one person / EXST on Delta (Consolidated Threads)
hurnik likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2023, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When you check-in, you check-in for both tickets on the reservation and ensure both your boarding and the boarding pass for "YOU-EXTRA SEAT" are scanned and then there's no "no show".
Old Jun 27, 2023, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Thats quite interesting about the companion cert being used for an extra seat. Wish I knew or thought of that last year, since I had a couple that expired... and would've loved to book this and get the middle next to me empty in C+.
IndyHoosier and lindros2 like this.
Old Jun 27, 2023, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
When you check-in, you check-in for both tickets on the reservation and ensure both your boarding and the boarding pass for "YOU-EXTRA SEAT" are scanned and then there's no "no show".

So when I am booking this, it asked me to provide a sky miles number for the "extra seat". do I put my number down twice?
Old Jun 27, 2023, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So when I am booking this, it asked me to provide a sky miles number for the "extra seat". do I put my number down twice?
You don’t have to put a Skymiles # in for a passenger. Plenty of people fly every day who aren’t enrolled in an FF program.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2023, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Well, if you have status and want to get upgraded you'd need a number for the extra seat right?
Old Jun 28, 2023, 5:03 am

Programs: DL DM
I can't believe I never knew or thought of this...
I don't fly a lot of domestic, so I rarely use my certs but still.
Love it.

eta: For upgrade purposes - does your companion have to be on the same PNR? Can you split them as long as you stay on the same itinerary?

Last edited by remyontheroad; Jun 28, 2023 at 5:18 am
Old Jun 28, 2023, 10:04 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by remyontheroad
I can't believe I never knew or thought of this...
I don't fly a lot of domestic, so I rarely use my certs but still.
Love it.

eta: For upgrade purposes - does your companion have to be on the same PNR? Can you split them as long as you stay on the same itinerary?
I don't believe you can split companion tickets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.