Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Arrival LHR T3 - ad for working in UK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2023, 12:02 pm
ffI
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)

I flew last month on DL3 JFK to LHR in premium economy - row 22 A to be precise - and I lived to talk about it too.
It was NOT Delta One, but adequate for short hops - these old bones can't take economy.
On the 330-900. PE was 7 across, better than comfort+ 8 across and certainly better than true economy 9 across behind us.

When I was coming up to Immigration before the long ramp down to get in queue, I saw an ad for workers and recent grads to get jobs in Britain.
As usual I gave it only a cursory glance and moved into line
When I got back, my friend told me his son was graduating college and wanted to go to UK for a year !

If any DL traveler (or any traveler going to Terminal 3 at LHR) can note the website/phone number please PM me or post here
Thanks again in advance.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 12:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
I’m traveling on AA to LHR later this week and they also arrive at LHR T3. Was the ad closer to the arrival gate or to the immigration hall? If the former is can’t guarantee I’ll see it because AA uses different gates to DL.

What date did you arrive in LHR and on what specific flight? Might help if someone could look up the gate info to make it more likely they’ll know where to look for this ad
Old Jun 18, 2023, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ffI
I flew last month on DL3 JFK to LHR in premium economy - row 22 A to be precise - and I lived to talk about it too.
It was NOT Delta One, but adequate for short hops - these old bones can't take economy.
On the 330-900. PE was 7 across, better than comfort+ 8 across and certainly better than true economy 9 across behind us.

When I was coming up to Immigration before the long ramp down to get in queue, I saw an ad for workers and recent grads to get jobs in Britain.
When I got back, my friend told me his son was graduating college and wanted to go to UK for a year !

If any DL traveler (or any traveler going to Terminal 3 at LHR) can note the website/phone number please PM me or post here
Thanks again in advance.
Arr you sure it was about foreigners? I just don't see UK government letting foreigners get visas to work airline jobs in UK. I would guess it is targeting UK citizens with jobs offering travel benefits.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 1:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by ffI

Thanks again in advance.
I also noted this one there (I think you can see the ad on the right when walking down the long ramp) - as I have a friend who got her Visa through this scheme:

https://technation.io/visa/
Old Jun 19, 2023, 1:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Arr you sure it was about foreigners? I just don't see UK government letting foreigners get visas to work airline jobs in UK. I would guess it is targeting UK citizens with jobs offering travel benefits.
They do, it's called TechNation, Tier1 Visa for anyone working in something related to Digital (Media, Tech, etc).

My friend from Kenya who worked in Doha got her UK visa for this (working for Al Jazeera).
Old Jun 19, 2023, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Duck1981
They do, it's called TechNation, Tier1 Visa for anyone working in something related to Digital (Media, Tech, etc).

My friend from Kenya who worked in Doha got her UK visa for this (working for Al Jazeera).
Ah ok. I thought the ad was about aviation related jobs at airport.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 10:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
I also noted this one there (I think you can see the ad on the right when walking down the long ramp) - as I have a friend who got her Visa through this scheme:

https://technation.io/visa/
This is the one. Note that you can actually get permanent residency ("Indefinite Leave to Remain") in 3 years, and citizenship in 5, if entering the UK under the Global Talent visa.
Old Jun 21, 2023, 6:59 pm
ffI
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
It was very close to the immigration hall, just before or during the ramp down to the hall. Thanks.
Originally Posted by salut0
I’m traveling on AA to LHR later this week and they also arrive at LHR T3. Was the ad closer to the arrival gate or to the immigration hall? If the former is can’t guarantee I’ll see it because AA uses different gates to DL.
What date did you arrive in LHR and on what specific flight? Might help if someone could look up the gate info to make it more likely they’ll know where to look for this ad
Old Jun 21, 2023, 7:01 pm
ffI
Original Poster

I also noted this one there (I think you can see the ad on the right when walking down the long ramp) - as I have a friend who got her Visa through this scheme: https://technation.io/visa/
Thanks for the quick replies. I think it was this one (and even if not this one, it seems quite similar to the one that I think will be of interest)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.