Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

App navigation- how to view boarding pass for later same day flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2023, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k, AS 75k, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist

Maybe this is a stupid question and I'm missing something obvious, but I can't figure out how to view the boarding pass for my return flight this evening. Everything, including the big red 'view boarding pass' button under the correct flight in flight details just takes me to this morning's boarding pass.

I'm taking a day trip OAK-LAX and currently waiting to board at OAK. Delta neglected to acknowledge my KTN and indicate precheck on my boarding pass, which is fine for Oakland, but will be a real pain at LAX. I entered my KTN yet again and want to check that it made it onto my return boarding pass, but I am having no luck in the app. Will it at least be available by the time I land so I can try to get it corrected on arrival if necessary?
Old Jun 9, 2023, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not sure about App, but on website you can just go to "Check-In" tab and enter conf number and "From" airport for your evening flight. The App has a "Find My Trip" option at bottom of My Trips page, but doesn't let you specify From airport. Although it does show "What's Next" for itin, so maybe that will work.

Last edited by xliioper; Jun 9, 2023 at 8:51 am
Old Jun 9, 2023, 7:43 am

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
Have you tried swiping the boarding pass for your earlier flight to the left? Should reveal subsequent boarding passes.
Old Jun 9, 2023, 7:45 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by drminn
Have you tried swiping the boarding pass for your earlier flight to the left? Should reveal subsequent boarding passes.
Yep. This is the behavior I'm used to.
Old Jun 9, 2023, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by drminn
This isn't working for me, maybe it's only for connections?
Old Jun 9, 2023, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zymm
This isn't working for me, maybe it's only for connections?
Did you see the "Find My Trip" option at bottom of My trips page in App? Kind of cumbersome to have to enter name/conf number, but I suspect it will show return flight.
Old Jun 9, 2023, 9:01 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Right at the top of the Today screen, your flight number shows, click there and it becomes a drop down menu from where you can select the next flight.
bgriff likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2023, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SDQBound
Right at the top of the Today screen, your flight number shows, click there and it becomes a drop down menu from where you can select the next flight.
This was the first thing I tried, but it kept taking me back to the morning boarding pass even when I tapped on the evening flight.

I just landed and I'm now able to access the later BP in the app, unfortunately still without precheck, so I suppose it'll remain a mystery why I couldn't access it earlier. Thanks all for the suggestions and help!
Old Jun 9, 2023, 10:39 am

At one time you could not be checked in for two trips at the same time, so you would not be able to check into the second or return until all segments of the first were completed, that changed like eight years ago but lately I have see. It crop back up, I am not sure if the system has changed or if it just a bug that hits some flights were the return and outbound are close together. I can always get my pass once the outbound is completed.
Old Jun 9, 2023, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by tennessetom
At one time you could not be checked in for two trips at the same time, so you would not be able to check into the second or return until all segments of the first were completed, that changed like eight years ago but lately I have see. It crop back up, I am not sure if the system has changed or if it just a bug that hits some flights were the return and outbound are close together. I can always get my pass once the outbound is completed.
You can be checkin on multiple trips. When yiu click today flights there will be a drop down where you select which trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.