Wiki Posts
Search

What gives with DTW Skyclub hours?

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2023, 3:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum
What gives with DTW Skyclub hours?

Why can't the Skyclubs open earlier at DTW? Every single one is closed until 6am and my red eye landed nearly an hour earlier, but I'm stuck, with many others this early in the morning w/ no club. Delta forces us to new access rules but can't even open their clubs at a hub at a normal time. I mean the Skyclub at DFW opens at 445am for crying out loud. And there seems to be an entire bank of flights leaving first thing in the morning, but too bad if you wanted to visit the club before hand. What gives?
Old May 17, 2023, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ghsbass0406
Why can't the Skyclubs open earlier at DTW? Every single one is closed until 6am and my red eye landed nearly an hour earlier, but I'm stuck, with many others this early in the morning w/ no club. Delta forces us to new access rules but can't even open their clubs at a hub at a normal time. I mean the Skyclub at DFW opens at 445am for crying out loud. And there seems to be an entire bank of flights leaving first thing in the morning, but too bad if you wanted to visit the club before hand. What gives?
A38 Main opens at 4:15AM according to website. I was just there very early in the morning (well before 6AM) a couple weeks ago and it was open.
Old May 17, 2023, 5:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by xliioper
A38 Main opens at 4:15AM according to website. I was just there very early in the morning (well before 6AM) a couple weeks ago and it was open.
I looked for that club but the sign said 6am and the door was locked. Maybe I mistook the A38 club for the A43 club?
Old May 17, 2023, 5:44 am

Programs: Marriot TE, Delta DM, UA Gold, Hilton Diamond
I looked for that club but the sign said 6am and the door was locked. Maybe I mistook the A38 club for the A43 club?
Very possible. When walking from the security hallway to the main concourse, the A38 club is the one on the left, with the bigger doors still looking into the hallway not the concourse. The A43 club is on the right, and you have to walk around the escalators to see the doors.

If you were coming from the gate side and looking for either club in the middle, you may have seen the A43 club which opens 6am. You would want to turn into the hallway towards security/luggage, then look the the right and you would see the A38 skyclub (opens at 4:15a).
ghsbass0406 likes this.
Old May 17, 2023, 6:43 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, BA Bronze, Ex-skywards Platnium
Originally Posted by xliioper
From previous experience, the A38 lounge is open by around 4:30 am. There's barely anyone in the lounge and usually people start trickling in by 5:30 am.
Old May 17, 2023, 5:41 pm

Programs: AS100k, DL Diamond, MarriottAmb, FlyingBlueSilver
Yes its easy to do as they are kitty corner from each other. Kind of like 2 starbucks on opposite corners of the same intersection. You mobile order from 1 and not sure if your going to the right one to pick up. With the DTW sky club, you can see each other actually from the loft views.
As the others have said one of them is open at 4:30.
DTW is due for a new large club footprint though. The one they built recently at A43 is very small. Glad to see MSP get a really nice new one. I was wondering if Delta wasn't going to prioritize the fortress hubs with new clubs. But with SLC and now MSP with new showcase ones, maybe ATL and DTW will be next.
Mhyduchak likes this.
Old May 18, 2023, 8:26 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Originally Posted by FenwayTim
Yes its easy to do as they are kitty corner from each other. Kind of like 2 starbucks on opposite corners of the same intersection. You mobile order from 1 and not sure if your going to the right one to pick up. With the DTW sky club, you can see each other actually from the loft views.
As the others have said one of them is open at 4:30.
DTW is due for a new large club footprint though. The one they built recently at A43 is very small. Glad to see MSP get a really nice new one. I was wondering if Delta wasn't going to prioritize the fortress hubs with new clubs. But with SLC and now MSP with new showcase ones, maybe ATL and DTW will be next.
I've mixed them up before. I went into the A43 one once thinking it was a new entrance to the other one. I found myself looking at where I expected to be going...

It's nice, quiet...but there's a little bit less variety on the food front, I think.
Old May 18, 2023, 9:09 am

Programs: Marriot TE, Delta DM, UA Gold, Hilton Diamond
I've found the food selection to be different, and I like it. I prefer that club on my travel days for that reason.
That said, I also really enjoy sitting at a bar and chatting and whatnot, which I can't do at the large club.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.