Wiki Posts
Search

Which Lounge At LHR

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2023, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond MM Hyatt Plat Starwoods SPG
Which Lounge At LHR

Returning from London on Delta. As an Amex Platinum card holder it appears there's more than one lounge option. Any suggestions as to best option?
Old Apr 29, 2023, 12:16 pm

If you are eligible I would go to the virgin clubhouse over either Amex lounge,
Old Apr 29, 2023, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes eligibility will depend on status and/or class of service but OP didn’t specify so hard to help.
Old Apr 29, 2023, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond MM Hyatt Plat Starwoods SPG
Which Lounge At LHR

To be more specific in terms of possible eligibility I have an Amex Platinum card and I have Platinum Medallion status. It appears there is a VS lounge and an Amex Centurion lounge. I'll be flying coach on Delta. Also can a passenger access these lounges on arrival to LHR or only for departing flights? Thanks
Old Apr 29, 2023, 7:14 pm

The Virgin Clubhouse at LHR, which you qualify for as a PM (assuming you are flying to the US), is spectacular. Go!
FenwayTim likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2023, 7:20 pm

Visited the Virgin lounge at LHR for my first time earlier this morning and was impressed.
Old Apr 29, 2023, 8:12 pm

The clubhouse is much better and more convenient than the Amex lounge, for arrivals assuming your final destination is London you can only use the arrivals lounges the virgin lounge is called revivals. You didn’t mention if you are traveling alone or with others but I think only the actual PM member can go into the lounge when flying coach. Not 100 percent sure about the clubhouse but I know for revivals it is only the PM. You can look it up on delta and see what the current rule is
Old Apr 30, 2023, 12:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
The Amex Lounge is really nothing to write home about - apart from the free booze you get (Champagne now only for Centurion Card holders btw). Otherwise a windowless bunker.
Old May 1, 2023, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by Denzoo
To be more specific in terms of possible eligibility I have an Amex Platinum card and I have Platinum Medallion status. It appears there is a VS lounge and an Amex Centurion lounge. I'll be flying coach on Delta. Also can a passenger access these lounges on arrival to LHR or only for departing flights? Thanks
you will not be able to access either of these lounges on arrival, but there is a landside virgin arrival lounge that you can use as a DL PM (it has showers and breakfast to order).
Old May 1, 2023, 10:00 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by Denzoo
If you enjoy things like real champagne, Grey Goose vodka, high end British cider and excellent food served at your seat, the VS lounge will be your choice. Also, there is a pool table in there as well as excellent shower suites and a small outdoor viewing patio. Enjoy.
Old May 2, 2023, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by Duck1981
The Amex Lounge is really nothing to write home about - apart from the free booze you get (Champagne now only for Centurion Card holders btw). Otherwise a windowless bunker.
Maybe I'm just tired of it, but I actually think the food is better in the Centurion lounge than the Clubhouse. Clubhouse has a limited menu, especially at breakfast (Clubhouse has some sort of sandwich with British bacon and sauce but Centurion lounge has nice, crispy American style bacon by itself). The Centurion lounge is a buffet so you can select exactly what you want, quantities you want and accompaniments you want. If you have time and desire more than a bite/appetizer go to the Centurion Lounge, then to the Clubhouse for cocktails and fun.
Old May 3, 2023, 12:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Maybe I'm just tired of it, but I actually think the food is better in the Centurion lounge than the Clubhouse. Clubhouse has a limited menu, especially at breakfast (Clubhouse has some sort of sandwich with British bacon and sauce but Centurion lounge has nice, crispy American style bacon by itself). The Centurion lounge is a buffet so you can select exactly what you want, quantities you want and accompaniments you want. If you have time and desire more than a bite/appetizer go to the Centurion Lounge, then to the Clubhouse for cocktails and fun.
Unfortunately I don't have any status with DL and never flew them in J, so can't speak about the clubhouse at all!

Agreed the food in the Centurion is really not bad, with the portion size though, I need to go 15 times to the buffet to feel full
Old May 3, 2023, 11:10 pm

Programs: VS Flying Club, UA Mileage Plus
If you like to be able to look outside and see planes, always go with the VS Clubhouse for a departure flight

For am arrival flight, use the Revivals Lounge in the arrivals area

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.