Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Which Atlanta Lounges have Enclosed Cubicles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Atlanta Lounges have Enclosed Cubicles

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2023, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM
Question Which Atlanta Lounges have Enclosed Cubicles

Hello,

I need to take a conference call with relative quiet and am traveling through Atlanta. Some Delta lounges have these cubicles with doors (LAX I think is one) that give you pretty good privacy.

Does any one know if any of the Atlanta Delta lounges have this? Doesn't matter which Concourse.

Thanks
Old Apr 12, 2023, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by bobatl
Hello,

I need to take a conference call with relative quiet and am traveling through Atlanta. Some Delta lounges have these cubicles with doors (LAX I think is one) that give you pretty good privacy.

Does any one know if any of the Atlanta Delta lounges have this? Doesn't matter which Concourse.

Thanks
The quietest for me has been F upstairs. It is not enclosed but only seats 10-15 people. I have taken calls here. F also has an outside (weather permitting).

Last edited by sydneyracquelle; Apr 12, 2023 at 8:59 am
Old Apr 12, 2023, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM
Thanks, thing is I need to speak during the call so I don't want to disturb other folks either.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 9:30 am

Programs: I've gone underground!
I could be wrong, but I think A has the traditional cubicles that people used to do work at. I don’t recall any of the phone booth style boxes in any of the lounges.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 10:53 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I recently used the "cubicles" (I call them carrels) in the D12 club. They've gotten rid of these in the other clubs in ATL There may still be a couple at the back of the T6 club and also in the A Centerpoint club, but that is all I can think of.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 10:54 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by ND76
I recently used the "cubicles" (I call them carrels) in the D12 club. They've gotten rid of these in the other clubs in ATL There may still be a couple at the back of the T6 club and also in the A Centerpoint club, but that is all I can think of.
The last time I was in T I didn't see any but I wasn't searching them out, either.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 1:51 pm

Programs: DL
If you have a good headset you can probably take the call right beside someone and it won't matter. Something like a Jabra 75e works well if you don't want the over the ear thing, or an EPOS 660 for over the head (better sound isolation). These things are good enough someone can be talking in the next seat and the mic won't pick it up. The noise cancelling is also good enough that you may want hear-through on to hear your own voice. None of this matters if your call is confidential, however.

Otherwise I would recommend something like Minute Suites which is on priority pass, but hard to come by as a walk up.
Return2flight likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 2:59 pm

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
The E club has a bank of cubicles as you walk in to the left of the check in area, but they are not enclosed. To the best of my knowledge, none of the Atlanta ones have the "phone booth" type cubes that other clubs have (LAX, TPA, BNA, LGA, etc) I have used the ones in TPA, LGA and LAX quite often. They are nice, but a touch cramped.
xjoedx likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 3:26 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by paul21
Otherwise I would recommend something like Minute Suites which is on priority pass, but hard to come by as a walk up.
This should work well. Unfortunately, when I’ve had the need, I didn’t plan ahead and there were none available as a walk up.

With a scheduled call, you should be able to book ahead and you’ll be set.
Return2flight likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 4:03 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, AMEX, National, Avis
Originally Posted by dcadwell
The last time I was in T I didn't see any but I wasn't searching them out, either.
I was in T6 this morning and did not notice any. It has been my main early morning club for a year now so not sure if they were there before but I’ve never noticed them.

That said, I almost never see anyone sitting in the area to the immediate left of the entrance, so that should be a quiet spot as well.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 4:34 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Ryno1234
The E club has a bank of cubicles as you walk in to the left of the check in area, but they are not enclosed. To the best of my knowledge, none of the Atlanta ones have the "phone booth" type cubes that other clubs have (LAX, TPA, BNA, LGA, etc) I have used the ones in TPA, LGA and LAX quite often. They are nice, but a touch cramped.
Are you sure about TPA? I’ve flown out of TPA a few times and have never seen the new enclosed phone booth type rooms. It’s a small tight club as well so if it was very recent (within past 3 months) I’m not aware of where they could have added them without taking out existing seating.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 5:40 pm

Programs: DL 1MM PM: UA Plat
Originally Posted by bobatl
Thanks, thing is I need to speak during the call so I don't want to disturb other folks either.
You are my hero for today. Bravo!
Spiff, BNAChairman, cre95 and 7 others like this.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 6:46 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles Platinum Medallion
To add to the list:

The SLC club has the phone booth style private, enclosed work spaces. I’ve participated in Teams video calls without issue and without a headset from those booths, which was a lifesaver when I was delayed returning home and had two important meetings.

They are small spaces- probably on purpose to keep people from lingering too long.

Also, kudos to OP for not wanting to disturb others. I had the same thought when I was seeking space to conduct my Teams meeting!
Old Apr 12, 2023, 7:39 pm

Programs: DL PM, B6 Mosaic 3
One time I watched a skyclub employee grab a pacing, overly proud, yet unnecessarily angry, customer and shove him into a booth in Chicago and shut the door, then I woke up....
Old Apr 13, 2023, 6:17 am

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
Are you sure about TPA? I’ve flown out of TPA a few times and have never seen the new enclosed phone booth type rooms. It’s a small tight club as well so if it was very recent (within past 3 months) I’m not aware of where they could have added them without taking out existing seating.
Yep, they are in the back. when you get off the elevator and are looking out over the terminal window, the food area will be to your left. The phone booths will be on the other side to your right in the back. after you check in, go away from the food area with the terminal on your left and they will be back near the rest rooms. I used them last week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.