Wiki Posts
Search

13 Xs versus D1

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2023, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
13 Xs versus D1

I would prefer to use a GUC for D1 on 6/14/23 from MSP to LHR.
However, when I try to purchase D1 it shows 13 seats with an X. By contrast EF says those seats are available.
A DL agent saw that a GUC could be used but then could never get a seat.
Do I call back on other days? Did DL Sat IT simply block 13 D1 seats?

Update: Spoke to a second agent. Some of those seats have a note saying “pending accommodation”. He did not know what that meant so are others familiar with such a thing?

Last edited by Xeno; Mar 18, 2023 at 4:29 pm
Old Mar 18, 2023, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Seats blocked from assignment have nothing to do with inventory blocks or the number of seats which may be sold - you can largely ignore the seatmap and DL's sometimes inexplicable blocking of seats there.

DL10 MSP-LHR on 14-Jun is Z3 so it should confirm a GUC from PE to J immediately.

For a new ticket purchase on the DL website, I see plenty of unassigned, available seats.
happydad100 likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2023, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

2 agents could not get a D1,seat
Old Mar 18, 2023, 6:58 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Gold, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Xeno
2 agents could not get a D1,seat
They couldn't assign you a seat? Or couldn't clear your into D1 using your GUC?
happydad100 likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2023, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by atldiamond
They couldn't assign you a seat? Or couldn't clear your into D1 using your GUC?
They COULD clear me into D1 but were unable to assign a seat.
As I mentioned earlier, when I have gone to the DL web trying to simply purchase D1 there are no D1 seats available to reserve.
I am just back from the end of a conference and have not checked for maybe 4 hours.

BTW, the first agent saw maybe one or two alternative flights where a GUC would get D1 but PS was sold out.
Old Mar 18, 2023, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Xeno
They COULD clear me into D1 but were unable to assign a seat.
As I mentioned earlier, when I have gone to the DL web trying to simply purchase D1 there are no D1 seats available to reserve.
I am just back from the end of a conference and have not checked for maybe 4 hours.

BTW, the first agent saw maybe one or two alternative flights where a GUC would get D1 but PS was sold out.
So you are already booked on flight? This is just DL systems not making any online seat upgrade options available (FCM offers). It's not that unusual of a situation and happens pretty frequently on international routes (particularly with PS seats for some reason). It doesn't have anything to do with being able to process a GUC. If an agent doesn't actually clear you into D1 with GUC, I doubt they know what would happen as far as seat assignments. My guess is that once they actually clear you, you'll be able to select a seat. Another case where you should be suspect of advice from an agent.
FenwayTim likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2023, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xliioper
So you are already booked on flight? This is just DL systems not making any online seat upgrade options available (FCM offers). It's not that unusual of a situation and happens pretty frequently on international routes (particularly with PS seats for some reason). If an agent doesn't actually clear you into D1, I doubt they know what would happen as far as seat assignments. My guess is that once they actually clear you, you'll be able to select a seat.
I am on phone now. I finally cleared for LHR, but now open jaw return from GVA has upgrade space but PS is sold out. Earlier today when the LHR seats had 13x, I was told that GVA was open. Sigh.
Once I checked DL web again I could see seats on key outbound flight but am getting hit with that PS rule.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
It’s the weekend. DL IT is garbage and seat blocking often occurs over the weekend, especially if they are loading any major flight changes or aircraft swaps.

I would expect by this evening or tomorrow AM the issue will be resolved
hhdl and emrdoc like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.