Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse - SkyTeam Elite + Access at US Lounges (reports, feedback)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse - SkyTeam Elite + Access at US Lounges (reports, feedback)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2023, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,

With Virgin now in SkyTeam, SkyTeam Elite+ (Delta Gold, Platinum, Diamond) should now get access to Virgin Clubhouse lounges when flying on any SkyTeam international flight. Currently, the only US Clubhouse open is JFK as the others go under renovation. At JFK, this is a big expansion of lounge access as the Virgin Clubhouse is in Terminal 4, and there are a ton of Delta international flights at the Terminal (along with KLM, Aeromexico and a number of other Skyteam Airlines). This benefit could also be relevant when the BOS, IAD, SFO clubs reopen.

Has anyone used this benefit yet?
Old Mar 17, 2023, 12:51 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
IAD is open.

Haven't yet tried to access Clubhouses usingSkyTeam status.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
IAD is open.

Haven't yet tried to access Clubhouses usingSkyTeam status.
Were you there recently? Did it reopen already after remodel? -- https://flywith.virginatlantic.com/u...-closures.html
Old Mar 17, 2023, 1:39 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by xliioper
Were you there recently? Did it reopen already after remodel? -- https://flywith.virginatlantic.com/u...-closures.html
I've not been, but their closure advisory no longer appears on the Clubhouse's specific page (unlike SFO) IAD Clubhouse

Also, the lounge is bookable for visits (including today) on the Plaza Premium website.

Last edited by NYC Flyer; Mar 18, 2023 at 10:01 am Reason: gr
Old Mar 17, 2023, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Adelphos
With Virgin now in SkyTeam, SkyTeam Elite+ (Delta Gold, Platinum, Diamond) should now get access to Virgin Clubhouse lounges when flying on any SkyTeam international flight. Currently, the only US Clubhouse open is JFK as the others go under renovation. At JFK, this is a big expansion of lounge access as the Virgin Clubhouse is in Terminal 4, and there are a ton of Delta international flights at the Terminal (along with KLM, Aeromexico and a number of other Skyteam Airlines). This benefit could also be relevant when the BOS, IAD, SFO clubs reopen.

Has anyone used this benefit yet?
Note the LHR CH has different rules. What you state only applies to the other VS CH outside of LHR.

DL GM will still not get access to LHR CH unless in business.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Note the LHR CH has different rules. What you state only applies to the other VS CH outside of LHR.

DL GM will still not get access to LHR CH unless in business.

Yup, signage outside LHR Clubhouse indicates DM, PM and D1 access for Delta.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 10:04 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I was in the VS Clubhouse at BOS on 11/30/22. Has this club closed since?

The BOS clubhouse was operated by Plaza Premium; it was not as nice as the VS clubhouses in JFK and IAD. It did have self-service cans of soda and bagged snacks; there was waitress service for sandwiches and adult beverages.

At LHR, there is the Number One lounge in T3 which can be accessed by SkyClub members who are not DM or PM or in D1; the question then becomes whether AMEX Reserve or STE+ get in there for free. Over at T4, where all the other SkyTeam airlines operate, there is a SkyTeam club (once known as the Holideck) which I always thought was really good; had quality adult beverages and a great breakfast buffet and numerous non-food attractions such as an observation outpost on the third level of the club.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 10:10 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, AS 75k
Last week was flying KL business connecting to DL first class AMS-JFK-RDU as a diamond. Attempted to get access to the Club House in JFK during my connection, but was turned away with them claiming it was for international departures only and on the domestic connection access wasnt included.

SkyTeam website saying
Regardless of their travel class, SkyTeam Elite Plus members traveling on, or connecting to/from, a same-day international flight[size=8333px] [/size]operated by a SkyTeam member airline have access to a lounge. Lounge access will be provided only at your departure airport and transfer airports, and not on arrival.

My bolding makes me think I should have had access.

Clubhouse website says
SkyTeam Elite Plus members + a guest traveling on an international flight operated by a SkyTeam carrier
They claimed since I wasnt on an international flight anymore, I'm not entitled to access.

Seems like either VS is overall making their own rules for access, or the staff isnt fully versed on access rules. Knowing that Delta has made their own rules for clubs that differs from skyteam policy, I wouldnt be surprised if we see it all over.
Old Mar 18, 2023, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by ND76

The BOS clubhouse was operated by Plaza Premium; it was not as nice as the VS clubhouses in JFK and IAD. It did have self-service cans of soda and bagged snacks; there was waitress service for sandwiches and adult beverages.

At LHR, there is the Number One lounge in T3 which can be accessed by SkyClub members who are not DM or PM or in D1; the question then becomes whether AMEX Reserve or STE+ get in there for free. Over at T4, where all the other SkyTeam airlines operate, there is a SkyTeam club (once known as the Holideck) which I always thought was really good; had quality adult beverages and a great breakfast buffet and numerous non-food attractions such as an observation outpost on the third level of the club.

Boston was closed as of a couple of weeks ago supposedly for remodeling but when we were there we didn’t actually see any evidence of remodeling going on so I don’t think it looks like it’s going to open anytime soon
Old Mar 18, 2023, 4:39 pm

The SkyTeam lounge in T4 closed permanently a while ago.

The amex delta reserve is absolutely not going to get you into the No.1 lounge, or any other lounge at LHR. It works at DL skyclubs and (some) centurion lounges, it's all documented pretty unambiguously.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 8:55 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Originally Posted by barabbas90
Last week was flying KL business connecting to DL first class AMS-JFK-RDU as a diamond. Attempted to get access to the Club House in JFK during my connection, but was turned away with them claiming it was for international departures only and on the domestic connection access wasnt included.

SkyTeam website saying
Regardless of their travel class, SkyTeam Elite Plus members traveling on, or connecting to/from, a same-day international flight[size=8333px] [/size]operated by a SkyTeam member airline have access to a lounge. Lounge access will be provided only at your departure airport and transfer airports, and not on arrival.

My bolding makes me think I should have had access.

Clubhouse website says
SkyTeam Elite Plus members + a guest traveling on an international flight operated by a SkyTeam carrier
They claimed since I wasnt on an international flight anymore, I'm not entitled to access.

Seems like either VS is overall making their own rules for access, or the staff isnt fully versed on access rules. Knowing that Delta has made their own rules for clubs that differs from skyteam policy, I wouldnt be surprised if we see it all over.
I'm going to go with "poorly trained" given the new situation (yay teething issues!). That being said, Virgin has long had some odd rules about access.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 10:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, B6 Mosaic 2, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
Boston was closed as of a couple of weeks ago supposedly for remodeling but when we were there we didn’t actually see any evidence of remodeling going on so I don’t think it looks like it’s going to open anytime soon
Sodexo is taking over the contract, I assume it will reopen whenever they get it staffed. I'd be very surprised if they're actually remodeling given how tiny it is/there's nothing old to renovate.
Old Mar 20, 2023, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium

AF/KL moved to T3 a year ago. Since that killed bulk of ST flights, ST lounge closed.
Old Mar 20, 2023, 11:39 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by flyerCO
AF/KL moved to T3 a year ago. Since that killed bulk of ST flights, ST lounge closed.
AF/KL are moving back to T4 in the coming weeks, though it remains an open question whether the ST lounge there will ever reopen.
Old Mar 20, 2023, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
Yup, they closed recently. No signs of anything going on nor when they may reopen. I agree that there wasn't any need to remodel, especially considering the small size and that it wasn't in bad condition at all. Wondering how it'll change when it reopens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.