Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Promo Thru March 31: MQDs for Hotel and Rental Cars booked through DL.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2023, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, AA Plat, BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz President's Circle, Enterprise Silver

Is this new or have I just been in a cave?

Old Feb 27, 2023, 11:03 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
The email that I received today was the first I had heard of this.
DiverDave likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by ecaarch
The email that I received today was the first I had heard of this.
Yeah the email also mentioned that it’s only valid on bookings starting today, so it’s definitely new.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 11:04 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
T&Cs say MQD earning begins today and ends 3/31. Bookings can be through September but must be booked by 3/31. Excludes taxes and fees. Will take full advantage.

would be nice if this was a permanent thing huh?
becks1 likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, AA Plat, BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz President's Circle, Enterprise Silver
Originally Posted by demkr
T&Cs say MQD earning begins today and ends 3/31. Bookings can be through September but must be booked by 3/31. Excludes taxes and fees. Will take full advantage.

would be nice if this was a permanent thing huh?
Agreed - would be nice! Will also be taking advantage of this!
demkr likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 11:53 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, DL Diamond & 2M Miler, Marriott Titanium
Anyone know if booking a Marriott stay through this channel results in missing out on the double elite nights promotion?
Old Feb 27, 2023, 11:55 am

How strange, this doesn't seem to involve pushing an Amex card on anyone
ohhleary, ryw, Crossinator and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
A little worried their new MQD requirements are a little too high as companies slash travel budgets?

LOL
Old Feb 27, 2023, 12:25 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles Diamond Medallion, Delta Amex Reserve, Marriott Rewards Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Spire
Kind of a big hit on business travelers, as many have to book through the company portals. Hotels and cars can often be paid direct by the company too, so feels like a big punch in the face to business travelers - unless they only want non-corporate ones. Also, most major chains ding you if not booking direct with them or a company portal. Still, an interesting way to earn MQDs if you will be staying on cash stays.
RhinoDL likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by whooperatw
feels like a big punch in the face to business travelers
A bit dramatic, don't you think?
mbluecpa, cre95, demkr and 5 others like this.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 1:02 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by whooperatw
Kind of a big hit on business travelers, as many have to book through the company portals. Hotels and cars can often be paid direct by the company too, so feels like a big punch in the face to business travelers - unless they only want non-corporate ones. Also, most major chains ding you if not booking direct with them or a company portal. Still, an interesting way to earn MQDs if you will be staying on cash stays.
Giving someone else a benefit isn't a bit hit to business travelers, especially given business travelers get a lot of other stuff (such as the ability to earn personal rewards and miles when their company is paying)

This seems like a blatant copy of what American Airlines does with its Loyalty Points - Delta is probably trying it out to see if it works for them. As someone who usually books direct, or through corporate portal (ha!), I have had limited ability/desire to use the American program and I probably won't use this much either, but it is good to see they are testing it at least
ghsbass0406 likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by BNAChairman
Anyone know if booking a Marriott stay through this channel results in missing out on the double elite nights promotion?
You need to book via Marriott channels. You don't qualify fir elite benefits even when booking non-Marriott channels.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 3:32 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Is this targeted?
Old Feb 27, 2023, 3:37 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by safigan
Is this targeted?
Doesn't seem to be. I got the email ~12:33PM EST.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 3:39 pm

Programs: Delta, Hilton, Hertz
So what about for us with Hilton Status. Do we still get benefits and does this count for night stays etc?
Kerrirdh likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.