Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta eliminating Delta One for Bogota

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2023, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Delta eliminating Delta One for Bogota

Has anyone noticed starting mid April or so, New York to Bogota will no longer have Delta One? Even the Atlanta hub to Bogota will lose Delta One later this year. This leaves no premium seating from any airlines going to Bogota?
Old Feb 25, 2023, 4:07 pm

Programs: Delta, United, American
I suspect this is a seasonal move, as the 767 will probably be needed for TATL flying. In the past, this route has been operate by a non-D1 757 in the summer. Past couple of years it's flipped to a 767 by October
Old Feb 25, 2023, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Frank Oliva
I suspect this is a seasonal move, as the 767 will probably be needed for TATL flying. In the past, this route has been operate by a non-D1 757 in the summer. Past couple of years it's flipped to a 767 by October
I hope that’s the case but I checked the flight by end of 2023 and no Delta One either. Do they change the First class bookings into D1?
Old Feb 25, 2023, 4:50 pm

Programs: AS, DL, AA, UA, WN
Originally Posted by atam
I hope that’s the case but I checked the flight by end of 2023 and no Delta One either. Do they change the First class bookings into D1?
If the service is changed, yes. I booked the ATL-BOG route in first and it was changed to D1 a few months before departure. A few things to note, though, is that the catering is often somewhere in between (small thing, but none of my ATL-BOG D1 flights have been catered with D1 wines, for example) and the ATL-BOG route is often the sacrificial lamb for downgauging to 752 if a hiccup in the 763 fleet requires things to be reshuffled.
Old Feb 25, 2023, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by steex
If the service is changed, yes. I booked the ATL-BOG route in first and it was changed to D1 a few months before departure. A few things to note, though, is that the catering is often somewhere in between (small thing, but none of my ATL-BOG D1 flights have been catered with D1 wines, for example) and the ATL-BOG route is often the sacrificial lamb for downgauging to 752 if a hiccup in the 763 fleet requires things to be reshuffled.
interesting - didn’t realize it could change. But D1 is way better because on the way back it’s a red eye… even if food is limited I’d take that over just a bigger seat any day
Old Feb 25, 2023, 5:04 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
interesting - didn’t realize it could change. But D1 is way better because on the way back it’s a red eye… even if food is limited I’d take that over just a bigger seat any day
I'm not sure if it's what you're suggesting, but seat does not determine whether a route is Delta one.
​​
This route often flips between D1 and F service, as covered in previous threads, including
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2096687-downgrade-delta-one-first-class.html

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1043499-no-more-complimentary-upgrades-atl-bog-7.html
Old Feb 25, 2023, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Adam1222
I'm not sure if it's what you're suggesting, but seat does not determine whether a route is Delta one.
No, but it does to a large, large percentage of the customers.
Old Feb 26, 2023, 9:04 am

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
This leaves no premium seating from any airlines going to Bogota?
Assuming you mean from North America, AC still has widebodies scheduled on YYZ/YUL-BOG. But they're sending old ex-SQ A330 with angle-flat seats (sold as premium economy). So debatable if that's considered premium but seat is better than a recliner, not as good as lie-flat, and no business class service.
Old Feb 26, 2023, 9:22 am

Latam sends 788s with very solid product for short flight from MIA episodically
Old Feb 26, 2023, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hirohito888
Assuming you mean from North America, AC still has widebodies scheduled on YYZ/YUL-BOG. But they're sending old ex-SQ A330 with angle-flat seats (sold as premium economy). So debatable if that's considered premium but seat is better than a recliner, not as good as lie-flat, and no business class service.
yeah I meant North America. AA just eliminated all the New York to Colombia (bogota Medellin y Cali) flights three months ago… fewer choices overall
Old Feb 26, 2023, 1:09 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by indufan
No, but it does to a large, large percentage of the customers.
The point is one can be on a non Delta One marketed flight that has the same lie-flat seat.
Old Feb 26, 2023, 5:24 pm

I flew ATL-BOG yesterday in C+ (PS seats), less than an hour before boarding there were 16 empty D1 seats (being sold as D1 therefore no comp upgrades). Inability to sell D1 on that route could be a factor. Or maybe it’s that 980/981 seem to never be on time, ever.
Old Feb 26, 2023, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by onepoint
I flew ATL-BOG yesterday in C+ (PS seats), less than an hour before boarding there were 16 empty D1 seats (being sold as D1 therefore no comp upgrades). Inability to sell D1 on that route could be a factor. Or maybe it’s that 980/981 seem to never be on time, ever.
Yields on these routes also look to be pretty anemic. Hard to find many routes of the stage lengths involved here where fares for the front cabin are as cheap as the ones on these.
Old Feb 26, 2023, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by onepoint
Also unless something changed, theu were using sad boxes on my last flight to/from BOG. (Even when sold as D1)
Old Feb 27, 2023, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Also unless something changed, theu were using sad boxes on my last flight to/from BOG. (Even when sold as D1)
I’m certain that has changed with D1 (or at least for as long as D1 lasts on these routes)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.