Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

When Can We Start Claiming 2024 Choice Benefits?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2023, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Every year I select FO for spouse as my PM choice benefit. For 2024 I get to now select 2 of my kids as FOs as my PM choice benefit. I have 200,000+ MQMs and spent more than $25,000 in January on my DL Amex. My 2024 status now shows as PM. When can I select my 2024 PM choice benefits?
Old Feb 1, 2023, 11:22 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hyatt Explorist, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
Every year I select FO for spouse as my PM choice benefit. For 2024 I get to now select 2 of my kids as FOs as my PM choice benefit. I have 200,000+ MQMs and spent more than $25,000 in January on my DL Amex. My 2024 status now shows as PM. When can I select my 2024 PM choice benefits?

That's odd. Delta's website seems to indicate that you're able to choose choice benefits when you qualify/requalify. I requalified for PM about two weeks ago but when I go to choose one, the choice benefits page seems to still be on 2023 selection, not 2024.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xjaehyun
That's odd. Delta's website seems to indicate that you're able to choose choice benefits when you qualify/requalify. I requalified for PM about two weeks ago but when I go to choose one, the choice benefits page seems to still be on 2023 selection, not 2024.
Exactly. Usually we can select on Feb 1. I called in and they said it is a known glitch and IT is working on it.
becks1 likes this.

Last edited by sydneyracquelle; Feb 1, 2023 at 2:40 pm
Old Feb 1, 2023, 10:22 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, AMEX, National, Avis
Delete
Old Feb 1, 2023, 10:35 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Can't see Million Miler status.
Can't see Reserve card gift or claim mqms page.(You can cross this one off. Just did it on my android phone.)
Can't see Choice Benefits for 2024.

If they were changing to new fancy status board, why didn't they have everything ready before launching it? This is wild.

Last edited by golfr; Feb 2, 2023 at 1:11 am
Old Feb 1, 2023, 11:38 pm

Programs: Delta 2M DM, Southwest A List and CP
Originally Posted by golfr
If they were changing to new fancy status board, why didn't they have everything ready before launching it? This is wild.
Welcome to airline IT. (Delta is not the only airline being IT-challenged...).
Old Feb 2, 2023, 12:32 am

ah yes I would simply never have any bugs. just push the "have everything ready" button. Obvious!
ijgordon likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 12:36 am

Forgot one more thing.

Expired RUC popping back up as available. Awesome!
LostInTranslation likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 1:04 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Gold, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Forgot one more thing.

Expired RUC popping back up as available. Awesome!
I'd assume you could book with this but upon ticket re-issue, they'd either bump you down or pull a non-expired RUC
Old Feb 2, 2023, 1:14 am

Originally Posted by atldiamond
I'd assume you could book with this but upon ticket re-issue, they'd either bump you down or pull a non-expired RUC
Yeah, I don't think they will allow it to be used. I'm sure it'll just mysteriously disappear at some point. If you call in, the agent will probably pull the cert that hasn't expired. Who knows? Don't have any trips coming up so I won't be able to try anything. Missed my opportunity to book a trip to HND when it was only 60,000 sky pesos RT. Prices are back up. Guess I waited too long for the 15% to kick in.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 2:10 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
You should be able to select them now, at least it's possible for me:

Select your Choice Benefits for each Medallion Tier and year

As a Diamond or Platinum Medallion® Member, you get to receive Choice Benefits as a reward for your loyalty.
  • Diamond Medallion Members will receive three Choice Benefits when they earn 2023 or 2024 Medallion Status.
  • Platinum Medallion Members will receive one Choice Benefit when they earn 2023 or 2024 Medallion Status.

2023 Platinum Benefits

0 of 1 Benefit Confirmed SELECT BY 31-jan-2024

2023 Diamond Benefits

1 of 3 Benefits Confirmed SELECT BY 31-jan-2024

2024 Platinum Benefits

0 of 1 Benefit Confirmed SELECT BY 31-jan-2025

2024 Diamond Benefits

0 of 3 Benefits Confirmed SELECT BY 31-jan-2025

Benefits Left to Select (3)

Upgrade CertificatesTravel anywhere in complete comfort with your choice of Regional or Global Upgrade Certificates, or a combination of both. All newly selected Global and Regional Upgrade Certificates will expire at the end of the Medallion Year associated with that Choice Benefit selection. Certificates are usually issued the day after selection. This benefit has sub-options. Selecting this benefit will reveal the sub-options. Before selecting, please review the guidelines and all policy changes for Certificates to get the most out of your Upgrade Certificates opens in a new window. Visit My Profile opens in a new window to see your certificate numbers after confirmation.

4,000 Starbucks Rewards Stars (Linked Account Required)4,000 Starbucks Reward Stars will be deposited into your account and may be redeemed for coffee, food or merchandise at participating Starbucks stores. Please provide up to 48 hours for the Stars to appear in your account. Unused Stars will expire 6 months after the calendar month in which they were deposited in your Starbucks® Rewards account. To be eligible for this Choice Benefit, you must first link your Starbucks Rewards account with your Delta SkyMiles account. To link accounts, click here(deltastarbucks.com). opens in a new windowPlease note you must wait 1-2 hours after linking to return to complete benefit selection.

$1000 Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQD) Earn BoostEarn Medallion Qualification Dollars toward Medallion qualification for the 2025 Medallion Year. MQD will begin to be deposited in January 2024, effective toward 2025 Medallion Status qualification.

Gold Medallion Status for Two Recipients of Your ChoiceGive the gift of Status by gifting Gold Medallion Status to two individuals of your choice. Fields under this benefit may change depending on the selected number of benefits from the counter. Enter each recipient’s information and they will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours. If the recipient does not have a SkyMiles account, they must join SkyMiles before you are able to gift them Status. The recipient’s Gold Medallion Status will be valid until January 31, 2025.

25,000 Bonus MilesAdd miles that never expire to your account, gift them to another SkyMiles Member or donate them to a SkyWish charity of your choice. This benefit requires additional information. Selecting this benefit will reveal additional fields.

$500 Delta Vacations® Experience (Flight + Hotel)Go Beyond the Flight with $500 toward your Delta Vacations flight + hotel getaway. Benefit valid for one year after issuance and must be redeemed by the eligible Medallion Member.

Benefit can only be selected once, either within 2024 Platinum Choice Benefits or 2024 Diamond Choice Benefits.

$250 Sustainable Aviation Fuel ContributionSupport Delta’s journey opens in a new window towards a sustainable future for aviation by contributing $250 towards Delta’s use of sustainable aviation fuel.

Travel VoucherCelebrate your Status with a $250 Delta Travel Voucher. Valid 12 months from date of issuance.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 3:05 am
Original Poster

Still nothing for me.

Last edited by sydneyracquelle; Feb 2, 2023 at 5:27 am
Old Feb 2, 2023, 4:36 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Gold, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Grouchy
You should be able to select them now, at least it's possible for me
How do you have Diamond already?

Last edited by atldiamond; Feb 2, 2023 at 4:37 am Reason: formatting
Old Feb 2, 2023, 4:45 am
mtp

Presumably an international member with plenty of rollover. Or a heavy credit card spender.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 5:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mtp
Presumably an international member with plenty of rollover. Or a heavy credit card spender.
DM is this year. I’ve already earned PM for next year but cannot select my CBs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.