Wiki Posts
Search

Web Chat -- poor experiences

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2023, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, B6 Mosaic 3
Web Chat -- poor experiences

I've been trying to use chat via the web browser just to avoid a phone call. But, it just hasn't been worth it lately. Over the past 2 months, I've been on chat a handful of times, and it's very clear that the agents are handling way too many chats at once, as responses are often extremely slow. In fact, one agent said "bear with me as I have multiple chats to handle". Applying a RUC took me over an hour after I got a live chat person -- and of course, it wasn't done to completion (the ticket reissue never got done). Anyway, anyone else frustrated with Chat? That being said, when I do call, the agents are almost always great.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 9:27 am
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
I was recently told by web chat that I had to call in to apply a RUC...
Old Jan 25, 2023, 10:21 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Dia, Avis Pres Club
This would be a much shorted thread if you change the title. If the title was changed to "I had a great experience with online chat" you would have one or two reponses
Old Jan 25, 2023, 10:33 am

Programs: AA 1MM; DL PM
Originally Posted by Singleflyer
This would be a much shorted thread if you change the title. If the title was changed to "I had a great experience with online chat" you would have one or two reponses
I had a great experience with online chat. *shrug* I texted to avoid waiting on hold to cancel one leg of a RT flight. The responses weren't super fast, but I didn't need them to be. My request wasn't urgent, and I didn't mind the back-and-forth of texting.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 11:03 am

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jhartvu
I had a great experience with online chat. *shrug* I texted to avoid waiting on hold to cancel one leg of a RT flight. The responses weren't super fast, but I didn't need them to be. My request wasn't urgent, and I didn't mind the back-and-forth of texting.
Ditto here. My request (to split a PNR so a companion could cancel) was handled fine though it took more back and forth and time than it should have. I was on a conference call so had time to kill. Unfortunately I don’t think chat agents are a good fit for anything more complex.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
With possibly one exception, I do not recall ever coming to a satisfactory resolution of a problem via a web chat... with any company or organization.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, B6 Mosaic 3
jetblue online chat has worked very well for me in the past. Much more engaged agent than Delta. It felt like the agent worked with one person at a time.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 1:00 pm

messaging/chat outcomes have been a lot better for me recently. I have used it twice in the last week and in both cases I got what I needed without much trouble.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 1:01 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by BOS1971
jetblue online chat has worked very well for me in the past. Much more engaged agent than Delta. It felt like the agent worked with one person at a time.
The problem for a call center is that an agent working a single chat is less productive than an agent working a phone call. Or text message exchange. Or email.

But you are correct the other way. When the agent multitasks, the turn around time is much slower.

I like chat only when it is a background function. I am doing whatever on my computer and respond when I see replies. I can take a minute or so to respond, for the same reason the agent can.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.