Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Earning Delta Medallion from SkyTeam Partner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2023, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Hey Everyone! I'm a bit new to Delta SkyMiles so I apologize if this is a stupid question.
I plan to fly in Saudi Airlines Discounted Business Class with fare code I from LAX-JED-BAH. These flights would be marketed and operated by Saudi Airlines and I would purchase it directly on their website.
The total traveled distance for the roundtrip should be around 18,000 miles. So according to Delta's website I should earn about 18,000 MQMs and 3,600 MQDs for this fare code I trip.
I am currently Silver Medallion with 15,000 rollover MQMs. So after this trip I should have about 33,000 MQMs and 3,600 MQDs in total. Given these numbers, I should be able to qualify for Silver Medallion again this year.
However I wanted to ask if I am missing any fine print? Can medallion status only be earned after flying a certain number of Delta operated flights or would this trip be enough to qualify?
Old Jan 9, 2023, 2:24 pm

There is no minimum number of segments. As long as you credit the flights to DL SM you should be good. You need to earn 25,000 MQMs including rollover and $3,000 MQDs with no rollover by 12/31/23.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.