Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

2022 Choice Benefits must be selected by Jan 31

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2023, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium

Anyone with remaining 2022 Choice Benefits needs select them by end of January. If you don't they will be lost.

For reference do not select the following (they expire Jan 31 2023 regardless of when you pick)
  1. Upgrade Certificate
  2. Gifted Status
  3. Skyclub membership
Old Jan 1, 2023, 2:22 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Appreciate the reminder - unfortunately I didn't earn any for 2022, but did manage to use up all my prior years.
I do see that 2023 CBs are available for selection, though!
Old Jan 1, 2023, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by mot29
I do see that 2023 CBs are available for selection, though!
They’re available for selection as soon as you hit PM/DM. You could have selected them earlier.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 7:30 pm

Once selected any idea how long until the benefit becomes available? I selected for my 2022 benefit RUCs 8 hours ago knowing they would expire end of this month (have a few flights this month that show availibility) and they have yet to show in my account. Really hope there is just some delay in them being added to account and I dont have to call in.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 7:46 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by SLCAirportHiker
Once selected any idea how long until the benefit becomes available? I selected for my 2022 benefit RUCs 8 hours ago knowing they would expire end of this month (have a few flights this month that show availibility) and they have yet to show in my account. Really hope there is just some delay in them being added to account and I dont have to call in.
Mine have usually shown up within a couple hours of selection; 8 hours seems a bit high. That being said I think 24 hours is not unprecedented.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by Zorak
Mine have usually shown up within a couple hours of selection; 8 hours seems a bit high. That being said I think 24 hours is not unprecedented.
Thanks! Did indeed wind up taking about 14 hours - during which time unfortunately one of the flights I was looking at is only available to wait list now. Did succesfully apply to two other bookings this month (one with my wife) though so still a win even if a single certificate expires.
jhartvu likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 2:31 pm

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Thanks for the reminder! Didn't realize I had some 2022 benes I hadn't selected.

Is there any benefit to holding off and taking upgrade certs (from 2023 benes)? I.e. If I take them now, do they expire exactly a year from today? Or would they last until Jan 31, 2024?
Old Jan 2, 2023, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by HDQDD
Is there any benefit to holding off and taking upgrade certs (from 2023 benes)?
Not anymore. They will expire at the end of the Medallion year regardless.
HDQDD, flyerCO and Air Houston like this.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 9:14 pm

Hi, can you clarify the upgrade benefit for me? I earned platinum level for the first time in September. So it seems that makes me platinum for all of 2023, is that correct? I did not pick my benefits yet. I was going to choose the regional upgrade certificates. I saw they expire end of this month though so can I still choose them after January for use in 2023? Should I have chosen something last year and then chosen again this year?
Thank you.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by grapefarmer
Hi, can you clarify the upgrade benefit for me? I earned platinum level for the first time in September. So it seems that makes me platinum for all of 2023, is that correct? I did not pick my benefits yet. I was going to choose the regional upgrade certificates. I saw they expire end of this month though so can I still choose them after January for use in 2023? Should I have chosen something last year and then chosen again this year?
I’m a little confused too because I don’t see that my MQMs rolled over. I think I had about 100,000 so assumed I’d be starting this year with 25,000. Or doesn’t it work that way. Thank you.
If you qualified in September then you qualified for 2023 and your Choice Benefits are for 2023 (and you have until January 31, 2024 to select them and for certain benefits such as upgrade certificates, use them). This reminder to select Choice Benefits is for people who earned Platinum Status in 2021 for the 2022 calendar year and who have to make a selection by the end of this month.
grapefarmer likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 9:21 pm

Hi, can you clarify the upgrade benefit for me? I earned platinum level for the first time in September. So it seems that makes me platinum for all of 2023, is that correct?
Correct. You’re always earning towards the next year, although you receive the benefits as soon as you earn status.
I did not pick my benefits yet. I was going to choose the regional upgrade certificates. I saw they expire end of this month though so can I still choose them after January for use in 2023?
The certificates will expire 1/31/24 regardless of when you select them as your benefit. Go ahead and select them now.
Should I have chosen something last year and then chosen again this year?
No. Unless/until you hit PM in 2023 (which is 2024 status) you will not receive Choice Benefits again.
I’m a little confused too because I don’t see that my MQMs rolled over. I think I had about 100,000 so assumed I’d be starting this year with 25,000. Or doesn’t it work that way.
It takes 1-2 weeks for the MQMs to actually roll over. Your thinking is correct, and they will show up.
grapefarmer likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 9:25 pm

Thank you for the helpful information. Really appreciate it.
DLHubber and ATOBTTR like this.
Old Jan 8, 2023, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
BUMP - Periodic reminder till Jan 31.
manacit likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 8:20 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Delta SC
I missed the expiration change on RUC - I was waiting to select as a result. Am I able to use a cert that would expire 1/31/23 for a flight booked before expiration, but flown in Feb?
Old Jan 9, 2023, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by mjgwi
I missed the expiration change on RUC - I was waiting to select as a result. Am I able to use a cert that would expire 1/31/23 for a flight booked before expiration, but flown in Feb?
negative

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.