Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hitting All 9 Hubs to Requalify for Platinum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2022, 8:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Diamond, NK Gold, Mariott LT Plat/Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold

I'm about 10,000 MQMs away from requalifying for Platinum Medallion. I decided that instead of a quick partner flight to Europe or another mileage run that I was going to hit all nine Delta hubs over a 2-day period. I'm flying LGA-MSP-SEA-SLC-LAX-ATL-BOS-DTW-JFK. I thought this would be fun. Tickets are all booked up front, so no worries about comfort and upgrades. Has anyone done this before? I saw a YouTube video with a guy that hit all the UA hubs.

I'll be reporting back as I go on my blog: thebulkheadseat.com.
ND76, GoBob, jhartvu and 6 others like this.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by EWRFlyerAL
I'm about 10,000 MQMs away from requalifying for Platinum Medallion. I decided that instead of a quick partner flight to Europe or another mileage run that I was going to hit all nine Delta hubs over a 2-day period. I'm flying LGA-MSP-SEA-SLC-LAX-ATL-BOS-DTW-JFK. I thought this would be fun. Tickets are all booked up front, so no worries about comfort and upgrades. Has anyone done this before? I saw a YouTube video with a guy that hit all the UA hubs.

Did you consider bad weather?
KansasMike likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 8:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Diamond, NK Gold, Mariott LT Plat/Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
Did you consider bad weather?
Yes. I'll extend the trip if necessary.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K

Have a blast!

David

p.s. Consider also posting here so we can vicariously follow along - here's a classic saga from eightblack : Thanksgiving 2010 MR Going Pear Shaped...
Old Dec 22, 2022, 9:32 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Sounds like fun. Take lots of pictures and keep us posted.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 9:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
It's moments like this where I'm fully onboard with AA's loyalty points system making more sense.

But also, have fun!
HDQDD and ChristineMcS like this.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 10:01 pm

Programs: DL Gold, HHDiamond, IHG Plat Regular Joe Everywhere Else
Safe travels! Have fun and please consider posting here too!
Old Dec 22, 2022, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Tickets are all booked up front...
They have to be (or either full Y or B fares) to earn 10K MQM on that routing.

JFK-BOS-SEA-MSP-LGA-DTW-SLC-LAX-ATL-JFK is about 10,693 MQM in coach and the paths don’t cross. I have no idea how much it would cost.
xjoedx likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 2:09 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriot Gold
Safe travels! I have seen that video from Jeb Brooks where he did all the UA hubs. As others have mentioned, you should do TR so we can follow along. Maybe someday I'll do the same just for the fun of it. 😁
Fly2Connect and Mhyduchak like this.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 6:26 am

It's moments like this where I consider just paying for upgrades makes sense!
Old Dec 23, 2022, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by KDCAflyer
It's moments like this where I'm fully onboard with AA's loyalty points system making more sense.

But also, have fun!
100% agree. Wonder if/when others follow suit.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KDCAflyer

But also, have fun!
With $120K in spend on a DL Amex Reserve, you can make it most of the way to DL Plat with very little BIS. DL is not really all that far removed from AA LP system. Personally, I still prefer to make status the old-fashioned way primarily via BIS.
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 11:14 am

Programs: DL GM, MR Gold, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by Synapseturquoise
Safe travels! I have seen that video from Jeb Brooks where he did all the UA hubs.
He seems to like Delta, so my guess is there's a video upcoming.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kale73
They have to be (or either full Y or B fares) to earn 10K MQM on that routing.

JFK-BOS-SEA-MSP-LGA-DTW-SLC-LAX-ATL-JFK is about 10,693 MQM in coach and the paths don’t cross. I have no idea how much it would cost.
All are C, D, I, or Z, which earn 150% MQMs.
Mhyduchak likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
OP’s routing is ~7800 base miles which nets ~11700 with the 50% COS (class-of-service, before any literalists chime in ) bonus

having done several end-of-year MRs to reach or retain PM in the last 10-12 years, I’ll unequivocally say that doing ‘em F is several orders of magnitude better than in Y

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.