Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Check In at SCL for Delta flight LATAM or Delta?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2022, 3:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,

Good morning hive mind. First time flying Delta out of SCL (normally on AA or LATAM). As Delta only has one flight and partners closely with LATAM does Delta have its own area for check-in or does one check-in at a LATAM position? If it matters I will be in Delta One.

The website is unclear on what to expect.

Thank you!
Old Nov 29, 2022, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Answered my own question. Delta has its own check-in area but it is staffed by LATAM. Opens 4hrs before flight time mas or menos.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 12:34 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
Since you are in J, go for the LATAM lounge in the main terminal, not the Delta lounge closer to the gates. Much nicer, better food, full bar.
dcstudent and dtwlarry like this.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by drminn
Since you are in J, go for the LATAM lounge in the main terminal, not the Delta lounge closer to the gates. Much nicer, better food, full bar.
Will do, thanks for the tip!
Old Nov 29, 2022, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I didn't think SCL had a lounge anymore? I thought with construction it was becoming a ST lounge.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 8:21 am

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
Originally Posted by flyerCO
I didn't think SCL had a lounge anymore? I thought with construction it was becoming a ST lounge.
There is a very large LATAM lounge in the main terminal shortly after security, and a smaller one (I think that is Delta branded, but I am not totally sure) about halfway down the long hike to the departure gates.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
There is a very large LATAM lounge in the main terminal shortly after security, and a smaller one (I think that is Delta branded, but I am not totally sure) about halfway down the long hike to the departure gates.
There are 3 LA lounges (all next to each other - the agents will open the door for the one you have access to -1) LA J, LA top tier flyers, DL PM+, 2) LA mid-tier and DL GM, and 3) The CC access one. There's also a ST lounge elsewhere.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
There previously was a DL lounge, but it went away with construction.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.