Wiki Posts
Search

2023 Medallion Status Bag Tags

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2022, 6:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
2023 Medallion Status Bag Tags

I earned Diamond status for the first time this September. Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get new bag tags? I've been Platinum for a couple of years so I haven't cared much when new Platinum tags arrive, but I am definitely excited about getting Diamond tags!
Old Nov 10, 2022, 8:10 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Takes a few months for the new tags. For those that don't care to walk around with brag tags, they fetch a decent sum on eBay. I always sell mine and take my daughter out to a nice lunch with that $50-60.
Return2flight and Kerrirdh like this.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 9:36 am

Programs: Delta PM & 2.4M+ Miles - Bonvoy - Lifetime Titanium - DL AMEX Reserve
It boggles my mind that people pay for these tags - for all practical purposes, they're useless - except the SS cable, which I use on my "real" luggage tags.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by GregInMN
It boggles my mind that people pay for these tags - for all practical purposes, they're useless - except the SS cable, which I use on my "real" luggage tags.
I have found that I need to use Loctite to prevent the SS cable connector from unscrewing. I lost several cables and tags before I learned my lesson.
SuperG1955 and GregInMN like this.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 12:45 pm

It’s seemed to me lately that each level of status comes quicker than the last. Silver took months, Gold took around 6 weeks, and Platinum barely took a month. Maybe I just hit them at the right times? Who knows.
SuperG1955 likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 12:49 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by hockeystl
Takes a few months for the new tags. For those that don't care to walk around with brag tags, they fetch a decent sum on eBay. I always sell mine and take my daughter out to a nice lunch with that $50-60.
I am floored anybody would pay that much. Do they think the tags really matter?

Can I sell my 1MM plexiglass brick for anything?
Old Nov 10, 2022, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by exwannabe
I am floored anybody would pay that much. Do they think the tags really matter?

Can I sell my 1MM plexiglass brick for anything?
Each and every year I sell them. I'd guess I'm close to $1K throughout the years selling all these PM and DM tags. Dunno about the 1MM brick but the red MM brag tags DL sent me for hitting Million Miler brought over $100 for the pair. Takes all of about 15 minutes total to snap photos of the tags, write the listing, print a shipping tag and seal up an envelope. Surprised more people dont do it too.

I'm thankful for fake people and their egos. I'd guess this is why there's such a huge market for counterfeit designer handbags, watches, etc.
Return2flight likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 1:06 pm

Whoa! Wait a minute....SS cables? Received my Diamond tags for the last 2 years both with cheap clear plastic loops for attaching!
Old Nov 10, 2022, 1:08 pm

Whoa! Wait a minute....SS cables? Received my Diamond tags for the last 2 years both with cheap clear plastic loops for attaching!
Old Nov 10, 2022, 1:25 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by Play by Plane
The SS cables can be had pretty cheap on Amazon.
TheMadBrewer likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 5:21 pm

Programs: DL 1MM PM: UA Plat
I haven’t been Diamond for a long time but I was. “Charter Diamond” What do those tags go for? Asking for a friend.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by Return2flight
I haven’t been Diamond for a long time but I was. “Charter Diamond” What do those tags go for? Asking for a friend.
eBay search tool is your friend....
Return2flight likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by dcadwell
The SS cables can be had pretty cheap on Amazon.
Sure, but I’ve also only ever received cheap plastic if I receive anything at all. Who gets the SS?
Old Nov 11, 2022, 1:40 am

Programs: AF/KL Gold, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by DLHubber
Sure, but I’ve also only ever received cheap plastic if I receive anything at all. Who gets the SS?
Same question here. I’m a Canadian based DM as a datapoint.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 4:24 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
I never got the silver tags. My Gold tags were supposed to come in the mail, but they either got lost or stolen (I have USPS Informed Delivery and clearly saw the envelopt in the email, but it never made it to me). Hopefully the Platinum tags make it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.