Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Any way split payment to upgrade two people on the same reservation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2022, 9:41 am
Original Poster

My wife and I are booked in a single reservation on a UIO-ATL flight. I have two credit cards with $100 incidental airline credits to use, and I was thinking of buying a Comfort+ upgrade for $129 each (and doing it one at a time to use both cards). But when I try to do it on the website, it insists on upgrading both of us for a total of $258, even if I don't select a seat for the second person. And when I did pick seats for both of us, I did not see any way to split payment at checkout. Is there a way to accomplish this to use both credits? If I call, will they be able to take care of it, or will they run into the same problem?
Old Oct 18, 2022, 12:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by MisterBill
My wife and I are booked in a single reservation on a UIO-ATL flight. I have two credit cards with $100 incidental airline credits to use, and I was thinking of buying a Comfort+ upgrade for $129 each (and doing it one at a time to use both cards). But when I try to do it on the website, it insists on upgrading both of us for a total of $258, even if I don't select a seat for the second person. And when I did pick seats for both of us, I did not see any way to split payment at checkout. Is there a way to accomplish this to use both credits? If I call, will they be able to take care of it, or will they run into the same problem?
If you call and have an agent split the PNR, either the agent or you can then pay for each C+ "upgrade" separately. However, doing this could have other consequences (disadvantages, such as being rebooked together in IROPs or losing a free bag benefit for the second person).
MisterBill likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.