Wiki Posts
Search

Wifi RT ATL-ICN

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2022, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Wifi RT ATL-ICN

In contrast to pre-pandemic days, I rarely now have occasion to purchase wifi for an entire international flight. However, such is the case with my midnight flight 15.5-hour ATL-ICN then the return 7 days later.
What will I be charged to purchase each segment as the flight begins? How reliable is the Wifi on this route?
How does this process and pricing compare to the $70 monthly package that can be cancelled? I did 8 countries this year, but less clear about the slate for 2023.

Last edited by Xeno; Oct 8, 2022 at 6:09 am
Old Oct 7, 2022, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

Also, I hate to start a new thread so why will DL app not give me E-BPs for OKC-ATL-ICN? I did the FlyReady stuff so must I show K-ETA and Q-CODE at OKC and/or ATL?

Edited: App kept saying come back later but web says DL counter in OKC must view K-ETA which begs the question why FlyReady could not process a digital copy of the K-ETA.

Last edited by Xeno; Oct 7, 2022 at 7:04 pm
Old Oct 7, 2022, 8:36 pm

Programs: Delta DM 3+MM
Hi Xeno. Just want to tell you it is extremely frustrating and in this situation, just have your paperwork ready and "go with it." I am going to Israel tomorrow and my FlyReady documents that were all done and "approved" are now not there according to the Delta site. I can't check in, called and was on the phone for over an hour with Delta, etc., and there was the standard statement "I don't know why you can't check in, everything looks fine." At that time my FlyReady documents were also showing on the website. Not now. So....I'm just taking the printed papers and going to the airport early.

Now...why do I say "go with it"? I went atl-icn-sin Sept. 24, a week ago. When I checked in, I went to the international desk in atl and as soon as the agent saw Incheon, he said I had to go to the other side of the counter and check in with one person. He said Delta had a severe fine so only one person is handling Incheon flights. That line took almost 2 hours to go through, and I was only transiting. So, just have your papers ready and it'll be okay, just realize that it is Delta and "go with it." Testing changed October 1 from what I understand so not sure about that, but just get to airport early and "go with it." Good Luck. Now I'm going to wish myself some good luck for my Israel trip tomorrow.
GagaPilot and lindros2 like this.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 1:19 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond
I just flew to IAD-ATL-JFK-ICN (DL27 was cancelled so we re-routed through JFK on KE) and also submitted documents through FlyReady. IAD, ATL, and JFK didn’t look at any documents.

Just have your Q-code handy once you land, there is a separate line and has no wait. There is also no more arrival covid testing!
Old Oct 8, 2022, 3:56 am
Original Poster

lking Which airport did this to you? I start at OKC and only have 2 hours to connect in ATL.
Schuhfly When was #27 cancelled? It shows that it flew both yesterday and today.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 5:55 am

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Xeno
In contrast to pre-pandemic days, I rarely now have occasion to purchase wife for an entire international flight. However, such is the case with my midnight flight 15.5-hour ATL-ICN then the return 7 days later.
What will I be charged to purchase each segment as the flight begins? How reliable is the Wifi on this route?
How does this process and pricing compare to the $70 monthly package that can be cancelled? I did 8 countries this year, but less clear about the slate for 2023.
How much is the wife worth for an international flight?? AAHAHA
Old Oct 8, 2022, 6:39 am

Xeno. I fly out of Atlanta. Just get to the airport early for your first flight because it will all have to be cleared before you are even allowed to board. It'll all work out. It is frustrating but so has every trip I've been on with Delta during these past months, so just get to airport early and go from there.
You asked about that other Delta 27 flight being cancelled. When I flew, my DL 27 was 5 hours delayed which caused me to miss my icn-sin connection and tour the incheon airport for 16 hours because icn to sin only goes twice a day. So....anything can happen these days and I have made myself so crazy over so many phone calls and bad or poor information from Delta that I have now thrown in the towel and say "just go with it." So, as a sidenote, above I said my FlyReady was in my itinerary then disappeared. So, I went in to "check in" again and it said I had to submit government forms again. I just went into my old already submitted pdf form and resubmitted and a while later that government form box was checked meaning all was okay, so immediately tried checking in again and it worked! So....too weird and too many aggravations. Good luck, it'll all work out, and "just go with it."
Xeno and Synapseturquoise like this.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 6:50 am
Original Poster

I guess your PDF was not the K-ETA but a government document for SIN since you did a transit at ICN?
It will not be a major issue if my #27 is delayed 5 hours since ICN is my final destination and I arrive too early to get into my hotel room without paying a fee.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 7:06 am

Xeno, everyone had to go through that special line at check in. Most people on the flight were going to Korea. I think the issue had to do with ensuring all information to enter Korea was there. Not sure, but when I went over to that special line, there was a Delta employee at a desk and wouldn't allow anyone into the line until they showed their K-ETA and for myself my SIN documents. Apparently Delta must not have done something because this was almost an overkill, but as the agents said, it was a $10,000 fine per passenger and the plane was full.
Enjoy Korea. I was hoping we could have taken the bus into the city or done those free transit tours, but none of that happened due to covid. Free transit tours will not be starting again until 2023 but if it happens, it's a great way to see the city for free while awaiting a flight.
Xeno likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

I went to the DL check in counter. Agent said he did two Korea trips this week. Looked at the electronic version of my K-ETA. Printed bp.
After going through security, I tried to get e-bp using the DL app. I can see the e-bp to add to my wallet, but it will not download.
The print bp does say anything “docs ok”, but will I encounter issues at the ATL boarding gate?

Edited to say that I just noticed that the e-bp with QR code is visible when the DL ap is open and says “INTL-VERIFY PASSPORT”. The ticket counter agent checked my passport and there is no such note on the print bp so not sure what this means.

Last edited by Xeno; Oct 8, 2022 at 4:23 pm
Old Oct 8, 2022, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

DL almost stppped me from boarding because my assistant used my #2 passport for the K-ETA form whereas DL has only my #1 on file linked to the purchase of the ticket.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 9:41 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond
Sorry for the late response, DL27 was cancelled on Sept 30 for us.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 9:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Schuhfly
Sorry for the late response, DL27 was cancelled on Sept 30 for us.
I am on board about to leave. Tonight will be 16 hours.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 9:50 pm

Programs: DL DM
Glad to hear you made it on. I’m surprised the OKC agent at checkin missed a different passport number. Is there a way to have DL keep two numbers on file for those with multiple passports?

And it’s FT’ers like us that are quick to spot when something isn’t right with a BP, ticket/PNR, etc. Good for you for keeping a close watch.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 9:53 pm
Original Poster

Dl only allows one passport.
it was touch and go with gate agent but someone on phone came to understand

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.