Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Digital ID vs Clear

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2024, 1:18 am

Programs: Delta DM
Worked for me at JFK T4. Literally no line. Looked to my right where lines for TSA and Clear were standing. It was the fastest I've cleared security, 3 mins tops.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 9:32 am

Programs: DL DM; AS 75K; Marriott Titanium Elite
I’ve used multiple times now at LAX and it works like a charm. It seemed to be faster than the PreCheck or Clear lines every time.
DCAproducer likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 10:02 am

Programs: Delta PM
Definitely faster than Clear in ATL.

There were a couple of times where I saw people jump out of the main PreCheck line thinking "Digital ID" simply meant that they had their ID stored in their phone's wallet. Whoops.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 11:02 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Titanium
I signed up and for my flight out of ATL on Saturday it was showing on my boarding pass, when I got to the TSA pre-check lane, the agent looked at my phone and pointed me to a completely empty digital ID line (International Terminal). But my son was with me, and while he had TSA Precheck, he doesn't have digital ID. Thankfully the agent took us over to an empty station and scanned his DL, instead of forcing him to go to the end of the Precheck line, because thanks to horrific ATL traffic our flight was already boarding when we got to the airport. Made our flight by 10 minutes.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 12:41 pm

Programs: Marriot TE, Delta DM, UA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Digital ID is consistently faster for me in DTW these days. The Clear line will have 2-4-6 people at a time and the D. ID line will be empty or nearly so. Even when the precheck is very busy, Digital ID is consistently faster. If my credit card didn't give me Clear for free I wouldn't need it anymore domestically.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 1:14 pm

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by AntimonyER
I signed up and for my flight out of ATL on Saturday it was showing on my boarding pass, when I got to the TSA pre-check lane, the agent looked at my phone and pointed me to a completely empty digital ID line (International Terminal). But my son was with me, and while he had TSA Precheck, he doesn't have digital ID. Thankfully the agent took us over to an empty station and scanned his DL, instead of forcing him to go to the end of the Precheck line, because thanks to horrific ATL traffic our flight was already boarding when we got to the airport. Made our flight by 10 minutes.
Kids <18 are eligible in Digital ID line.
And re: horrific traffic (outside AND inside the airport) - I posted a couple months ago that (in December) the CLEAR + Pre line was 25-30 minutes, Precheck was 15-20 minutes (yes, faster), and Digital ID was nearly empty.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Tuesday at ATL regular TSA Pre was faster than both Digital ID and Clear with TSA Pre. The guy at the front of the regular TSA Pre was a machine - doing two pax at a time. Two other agents were barely saying “next” and took advantage of their colleague’s efficiency. The Clear and D ID lines were bottlenecked for some reason.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 8:24 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Originally Posted by pt360
Digital ID is consistently faster for me in DTW these days. The Clear line will have 2-4-6 people at a time and the D. ID line will be empty or nearly so. Even when the precheck is very busy, Digital ID is consistently faster. If my credit card didn't give me Clear for free I wouldn't need it anymore domestically.
Clear has slowed down significantly since it first launched and the employees are slow to process passengers. They're in no hurry.
The Digital ID just works. I've used it at both LAX and JFK several times over the past two months and it's great. My only complaint is that the DL SP checkin agents at JFK never want to turn on their Digital ID screens, so even if I go to the Digital ID line to drop a bag, they always make me to SP line instead. LAX this hasn't been an issue.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 3:33 pm

Programs: Delta 360 and Two Million Miler, Air Canada 25k, Marriott Ambassador and Lifetime Titanium
CLEAR feels useless at this point. At MIA on Wednesday, people were saying the CLEAR line was taking about 15 minutes to get through, so I went through Pre Check instead in under a minute.

Digital ID security at JFK T4 is a game changer (for now). So much faster.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 7:04 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (DM), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium, LTP)
Originally Posted by sc001
CLEAR feels useless at this point. At MIA on Wednesday, people were saying the CLEAR line was taking about 15 minutes to get through, so I went through Pre Check instead in under a minute.

Digital ID security at JFK T4 is a game changer (for now). So much faster.
I think it depends on the airport. It has definitely been faster my past couple times through SFO this year. And MCO, while it's been at least a year, it was definitely faster there, too.

I wonder why IND doesn't have Clear yet, but honestly, it wouldn't help anything because the rate-limiting step is the ridiculously slow tact time of baggage inspection through the CT scanners.
sc001 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.