Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta 006 ticket (via Priceline) - flight on ITA Cancelled - who processes the refund

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta 006 ticket (via Priceline) - flight on ITA Cancelled - who processes the refund

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2022, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM

This is why I hate buying from OTAs, but did it in a rush last month.
Ticket stock is 006 - outbound flight was Delta.
Return leg was originally on ITA (Flight AZ603 13SEP)
It's been rebooked on an Air France flight.

My understanding of DOT regulations is that in the case an airline cancels a flight and the operating carrier changes I have the right to cancel for a refund.
First question I guess is whether I'm mistaken about that?
Second is who do I contact to request it.
Priceline is giving me the runaround - simply saying it's a non-refundable ticket.

Any info/help would be appreciated!

ROTR
Old Sep 12, 2022, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by remyontheroad
My understanding of DOT regulations is that in the case an airline cancels a flight and the operating carrier changes I have the right to cancel for a refund.
First question I guess is whether I'm mistaken about that?
You are correct - change in operating carrier is grounds for a refund.

Second is who do I contact to request it.
The issuing agency is responsible for processing the refund.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Thank you. Issuing agency meaning Priceline?
or do I have any chance of Delta taking over the ticket (especially since first leg is flown?)
Old Sep 12, 2022, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Thank you. Issuing agency meaning Priceline?
or do I have any chance of Delta taking over the ticket (especially since first leg is flown?)
Yes, Priceline. DL isn't the one that collected your money, so can't refund it.
OHDL1 likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 10:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Priceline's own policies will apply. IIRC some of the DOT consumer protections such as 24 hour free cancel with full refund apply only if the ticket is purchased directly from an airline, not a travel agent or OLTA.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Priceline's own policies will apply. IIRC some of the DOT consumer protections such as 24 hour free cancel with full refund apply only if the ticket is purchased directly from an airline, not a travel agent or OLTA.
OP had flight canceled and operating carrier changed. Both qualify for refund.
emma dog likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Seems very unclear from the OP if it was a cancellation or a schedule change, but regardless the process of actually getting a cash refund would go through the issuing agent.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Flight was entirely cancelled.
Rebooked onto an alternate AF metal with an AZ flight number/codeshare.
Will pursue with Priceline.
Thank you.

Originally Posted by findark
Seems very unclear from the OP if it was a cancellation or a schedule change, but regardless the process of actually getting a cash refund would go through the issuing agent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.