Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I broke Delta's reservation...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2022, 9:28 am
Original Poster

I broke Delta's reservation...

Booked a ticket in premium economy via Air France, with some flights operated by Delta. Historically, it has never been a problem until now.

When I try to reserve a seat on a Delta operated flight, I'm getting the error below.

I also cannot reserve a seat on a domestic US flight, seeing similar errors.

Any thoughts what's going on?
Old Sep 1, 2022, 9:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
What happens when you click on dismiss and then click on an available PS seat? (I'm not sure whether you need to pice the green one or one of the red seats; I suspect that the gray overlay is distorting the colors.)
Old Sep 1, 2022, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What happens when you click on dismiss and then click on an available PS seat? (I'm not sure whether you need to pice the green one or one of the red seats; I suspect that the gray overlay is distorting the colors.)
After I dismiss, I receive the same error again, time and again. I tried reaching out to Delta, but I received a very unhelpful response that the flight is under airport control, even though the flight is not until December...
Old Sep 1, 2022, 10:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by smartytravel
After I dismiss, I receive the same error again, time and again. I tried reaching out to Delta, but I received a very unhelpful response that the flight is under airport control, even though the flight is not until December...
HUCA.

BTW, is DL still selling PS tickets on the flight? In fact, can you check fare class availability on EF?
Old Sep 1, 2022, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Try using website instead. Tye issue is likely you bought using the AF flight number. The system is likely confused since AF and DL use the same fare classes differently.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
HUCA.

BTW, is DL still selling PS tickets on the flight? In fact, can you check fare class availability on EF?
Yes, they are still selling tickets. I also thought it could be a cancellation, but this impacts all flights operated by DL on this reservation.

Should I be worried? Why would it say "First Class" when it's actually premium economy?
Old Sep 1, 2022, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by smartytravel
Yes, they are still selling tickets. I also thought it could be a cancellation, but this impacts all flights operated by DL on this reservation.

Should I be worried? Why would it say "First Class" when it's actually premium economy?
This is because of the fare class issue with codeshare bookings I stated.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 12:14 pm

Programs: Flying Blue
You should pick your seats via the AF website. That works fine.

This is because your flight is on AF codeshare
obscure2k likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by r0gerthat
You should pick your seats via the AF website. That works fine.

This is because your flight is on AF codeshare
AFAIK AF doesn't let you pick seat assignments (except during OLCI) for non-AF/KL flights in app/website. OP is on DL metal, not AF.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerCO
AFAIK AF doesn't let you pick seat assignments (except during OLCI) for non-AF/KL flights in app/website. OP is on DL metal, not AF.
That is correct. I'm not able to reserve seats on Delta operated flights. AF sends me back to delta.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 2:04 pm

Programs: Flying Blue
Oh strange!

I have a ticket on 074 stock (KL), which has a KL flight and 2 DL flights (all KL coded) in the outbound part. For all segments I can select seats via the KL website. The DL site doesn't allow me to select seats on the DL flights which are KL coded, similar to what was mentioned above.

Just checked again and it seems to work.

Interestingly enough, the KL website shows DL flight numbers, and the DL website shows KL flight numbers for that same reservation. The email confirmation has everything KL coded.

Sorry, not a useful post, but might have some interesting data points for some?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.