Wiki Posts
Search

JFK Terminal 2 Parking

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2022, 10:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM; Delta AMEX Reserve
JFK Terminal 2 Parking

I'm sure there is a thread on this, but I couldn't readily find it. Can someone provide advice on how to park at JFK Terminal 2 and how much time to allow? JFK's website says to park at Terminal 8 parking. How long is the walk from there? Or would it be easier to park and check in in Terminal 4?
Old Aug 28, 2022, 2:05 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hyatt Explorist, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by BigAppleFlyer
I'm sure there is a thread on this, but I couldn't readily find it. Can someone provide advice on how to park at JFK Terminal 2 and how much time to allow? JFK's website says to park at Terminal 8 parking. How long is the walk from there? Or would it be easier to park and check in in Terminal 4?

You could park at T4 and go through security there. There’s a jitney/shuttle that goes from T4 to T2. It’s near gate C60 in T2 and near gates B54 and B18 in T4. I would allow half hour for this, as some jitneys may start driving when the bus gets full.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 9:14 am

Programs: DL Charter DM/3.4 MM, DLAmex Plat, PC Plat, MR Gold, HH Diamond, National Exec Elite, Hertz Gold 5*
Originally Posted by BigAppleFlyer
There is parking at JFK T2, a short walk to the terminal. Also T$ has parking and I like the lobby of T4 a LOT better and will always clear to the airside and take the jitney. The parking (even long term) is not cheap; long term on Lefferts is $20/day.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 10:41 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by TurfGuy
There is parking at JFK T2, a short walk to the terminal. Also T$ has parking and I like the lobby of T4 a LOT better and will always clear to the airside and take the jitney. The parking (even long term) is not cheap; long term on Lefferts is $20/day.
The "Green Garage", which served T1 and T2, is closed as part of the T1/2/3 redevelopment project. While the PA officially suggests parking in the "Red Garage" (T8, this probably makes sense for T1 departures), I would follow the suggestion to park at T4, since the AirTrain to T2 is also closed. Also, unless you're within 3 hours of departure, a flight out of T2 could just as likely leave from T4. Note only "premium" parking can be pre-booked for T4/"Blue Garage", but with the current PA "surcharge" it's still less than the price of the drive up rate for "regular" parking ($47 vs $75).

In addition to the long term lot, there's apparently a new garage at Federal Circle Station, or as described on the PA's parking site "less than 10 minute walk to Federal Circle AirTrain Station". It appears to price about the same as LTP but requires pre-booking ($20/day).
dw likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM; Delta AMEX Reserve
Thought I would circle back to this with my experience. I disregarded the above advice and parked in T8 parking as directed by the signage. This required a transfer from the parking deck to the Airtrain, with a further several stops to the T1/T2 stop. The stop is actually at T1, so from there, I was required to walk outside and through traffic over to T2. Needless to say, this was a trek. I would follow the above poster's advice next time!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.