When will 100% Sky Miles rollover end?

Old Aug 19, 2022, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, Delta Plat
When will 100% Sky Miles rollover end?

I'm usually a high gold or low platinum member & right now I'm a Platinum level with more than enough MQM to be Diamond but... I spend enough on my credit card to get the "exception" for Platinum but no where near enough to become a Diamond.

This last trip there were 40+ people on the upgrade to 1st list. I used to almost always get upgraded, now it's the exception.

When are they going to stop rolling over the entire MQM and go back to just rolling over your "excess" MQM's? And will that make it easier to get upgraded again.
Singleflyer likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 3:50 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Flying has clearly rebounded. I'm extremely confident that 100% rollover is done. But it will take some time for the MQM stockpiles to dwindle.
Air Houston and seageg91 like this.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 4:24 pm

We all need to ask… is status worth it?
Tine Rod likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, Delta Plat
Originally Posted by shoodawg
We all need to ask… is status worth it?
When my wide body was getting upgraded 9 of 10 flights... yes!
Right now, not really.
Air Houston likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 5:26 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Diamond is the new Platinum until 2024.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 5:36 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer
And Platinum is the new GOLD!
Old Aug 19, 2022, 5:43 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Ok, someone's gotta say it...

Gold is the new silver
Goodoldflyer likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
And silver still carries diamond's bags
Old Aug 20, 2022, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by KDCAflyer
And silver still carries diamond's bags
Silver is the new member.
Spiff likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 6:28 am

Just merge the big three. Could it really get any worse?
Old Aug 20, 2022, 6:42 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer
After my next flight, I’m good for Platinum through the end of 2024 provided I hit the AmEx waiver and will start working on the 2025 Medallion year. ‘Normal’ travel patterns and card spend would put me at Silver so I figure I can knock out one more year of Platinum for 2025 and then do a squishy landing to Gold for a bit.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wouldn't attribute it all to just MQM rollover. Pre-Covid, there were certainly numerous routes were getting upgraded as a Plat was often a challenge. For someone who was a first-time Plat during Covid, it would be easy to get spoiled and assume your upgrade percentages were somehow "normal" if you were travelling while many businesses were still significantly limiting travel.
teCh0010, hhdl and seageg91 like this.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 8:47 am

Programs: Waffle House DM
I just flew back to the UK as a Platinum (with Virgin). Upper Class check-in and priority baggage, priority boarding and access to the Virgin Lounge make maintaining Platinum well worth it for me, but obviously that requires ready access to DL/Virgin flights and a need to travel TATL on a regular basis. Back in the US, I enjoy (usually) getting the C+ bump when booking, but don't even worry any more about an upgrade to First when going out of the Medallion heavy airports I use. Although "Want First, Buy First' is now largely true, I do use RDU from time to time and often get upgraded with a companion out of there, so the moral is if you want First you need to pay or avoid the Hubs. I find if I set my expectations low, I'm never disappointed with Delta. Assuming I meet the CC spend thresholds, I have just qualified for Platinum for 2024, assuming Delta don't play a 'bait and switch' game with the rollover MQMs.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 8:50 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
I think all levels of status, including Diamond, will be elevated through at least the start of the 2024. I know some people think next year will see fewer elites but I don't buy it. I think three years of rollover will more than offset the lack of extensions.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by Adelphos
I think all levels of status, including Diamond, will be elevated through at least the start of the 2024. I know some people think next year will see fewer elites but I don't buy it. I think three years of rollover will more than offset the lack of extensions.
Next years numbers will still largely benefit from the rollovers.

You won't see fewer next year. You'll see more.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.