Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Rant

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2022, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, TSA Pre-Check
Sky Club Rant

Currently sitting in the ATL A17 Sky Club...........what in the world happened to having a nice quiet place to sit? Screaming babies, people screaming across the club and not talking with an "inside voice". I remember as a child my Dad taking me into a club, even a few times on family trips. The clubs were quiet places to relax, and it was expected to be that way.......now I am not so sure its not more quiet somewhere int he terminal.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 3:15 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA
* delete *

Last edited by Goodoldflyer; Aug 10, 2022 at 4:15 pm
Old Aug 10, 2022, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CVFDCHIEF180
Currently sitting in the ATL A17 Sky Club...........what in the world happened to having a nice quiet place to sit? Screaming babies, people screaming across the club and not talking with an "inside voice". I remember as a child my Dad taking me into a club, even a few times on family trips. The clubs were quiet places to relax, and it was expected to be that way.......now I am not so sure its not more quiet somewhere int he terminal.
Term F can be quite if you turn left coming off the escalator.
beachmouse likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by CVFDCHIEF180
Summertime and revenge travel.

David
Old Aug 10, 2022, 3:56 pm

Programs: DL DM
I think people are just not as aware of their surroundings like they were way back when. They are more entitled to do as they please these days.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 4:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Could Delta not hire some retired Catholic nun schoolteachers to walk around with a ruler and whack these imbeciles?
Old Aug 10, 2022, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by Mr. Tickets
I think people are just not as aware of their surroundings like they were way back when. They are more entitled to do as they please these days.
gee, ya think maybe staring at a small screen a foot away from their face while using in-ear headphones for double- or triple-digit numbers of hours a week may have anything to do with their lack of awareness?
Goodoldflyer likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 5:25 pm

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by jrl767
gee, ya think maybe staring at a small screen a foot away from their face while using in-ear headphones for double- or triple-digit numbers of hours a week may have anything to do with their lack of awareness?
Wait, which of these people are actually wearing headphones? Most everyone I come across is kind enough to let everyone within a pretty wide radius listen to whatever it is they’re watching.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 5:33 pm

Programs: AA,DL,F9,UA,WN
Maybe they should put a DJ in there.
Spiff, dtwlarry, FabCW and 20 others like this.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 5:52 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by jrl767
Not even close to a valid excuse. Polite society existed basically due to public shaming. This is no longer as effective, as people now just do what "they" want and damn the rest.

BTW, if I am truly bothered by someone, I move away, when possible. If I can't move, I then go to the buffet, grab a roll or other bread, fill with mustard and discreetly lob it at them....allowing myself at least 3 steps toward the door! bahaha.

The above was a dream sequence, and not based on factual events.
Mhyduchak and Goodoldflyer like this.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 6:07 pm

Don’t you understand that if some of your fellow travelers don’t make a loud announcement while on the phone you don’t understand how important they are.

oh and for some of you who don’t think you need to worry about your business conversations, I once heard one of my competitors give away some very interesting information while I was sitting in the sky club. They were bidding on the same contract we were bidding on and they gave away their pricing. Thank you😂

But This is why I strongly recommend never leaving home without your noise canceling headphones
Old Aug 10, 2022, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
Don’t you understand that if some of your fellow travelers don’t make a loud announcement while on the phone you don’t understand how important they are.
Admittedly I may have made one or two loud ‘announcements’ but only when ‘conducting’ business in the restroom.
pharmflyer and H8tofly like this.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 8:21 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by TomMM
Term F can be quite if you turn left coming off the escalator.
E and F tend to have a decent number of vacant gates outside of the international flight banks going out. I know the corner of F of which you speak pretty well.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 8:28 pm

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by SUPERTRAVEL
I laughed so hard at this. Thank you, friend!
FabCW, SUPERTRAVEL and Ghoulish like this.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 8:32 pm

Programs: AA GLD Skymiles DM MM, a+ rewards lifetime elite, AS, Marriott plat, PC plat, HH gold
Originally Posted by SUPERTRAVEL
how can it be a club without a DJ?
FabCW and Ghoulish like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.