Wiki Posts
Search

DJ in the Sky Club?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2022, 12:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by puddinhead
And keep of any age people from sleeping in the club.

Why is that a problem? Delta even has darkened quiet rooms in some of their clubs for sleeping.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 1:05 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Why is that a problem? Delta even has darkened quiet rooms in some of their clubs for sleeping.
I think puddin is responding to the well-known issue of Ken and Karen sprawled out on furniture with their bare feet on tables
Old Aug 6, 2022, 1:51 pm

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by bubbashow
I think puddin is responding to the well-known issue of Ken and Karen sprawled out on furniture with their bare feet on tables
didn’t happen if you don’t have a TikTok video
Old Aug 6, 2022, 1:55 pm

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
All old people like me …
on this visit a self-aggrandizing husband/wife duo were at the wood table handing off speaking parts during a training session
a DJ would put an end to that
wrp96 likes this.

Last edited by lindros2; Aug 6, 2022 at 4:23 pm
Old Aug 6, 2022, 1:57 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Maybe they should have a beatnik poetry reading one night a week.

Cheaper than a DJ.
ecaarch likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer
This is the original post:

It didn't sound like a sedate DJ engagement.

Most of us don't mind some music. "Jamming out" is something different.
"Jamming out" is completely uninformative, as I already pointed out. It could be anything.

And this is just our "hot takes" on something someone said, including the way they presented it. It's far different than something that's been rolled out universally that we can make informed commentary about.
yes thank you for reparaphrasing what I just said.

Last edited by WillBarrett_68; Aug 6, 2022 at 2:20 pm
Old Aug 6, 2022, 4:46 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
"Jamming out" is completely uninformative, as I already pointed out. It could be anything

yes thank you for reparaphrasing what I just said.
Reparaphrasing? Like you paraphrased something, and I paraphrased it again? Normally, on the internet, we call that "agreement".

You seem desperate to prove something or win some kind of argument, but it's mostly sound and fury. And you know what that signifies. Or maybe you're just "jamming out", because to you that really has no meaning.

Well, let me tell you where you went wrong. For us older guys, jamming out means playing loud music. That is, in fact, what the term used to mean. But apparently the younger crowd seems to think that jamming out is the same as chilling out. (I mean, we already had a term for chilling out. It's "chilling out".) But you're right, a perfectly clear term has once again become muddled and meaningless. So maybe we're just divided by a common language. What are you going to do?

Don't pretend any of this is a serious discussion. It's not. We're joking around about a "one off" DJ night that may or may not have actually happened. And they may have "jammed out", or for some of you, they may have mellowed out to some cool stylings at low volume. But if you're going to do that, do you really need a DJ? No, I reject your hypothesis. A DJ implies loud, fun music and audience participation. And some of us aren't all that interested. Maybe some folks are. And I think, "more power to you". They should give you your own space. Somewhere else.

By the way, Heisenberg says "Relax". Or for some of the folks out there, "Jam out".

And if I accidentally reparaphrased you again, my apologies. Or, should I say "cool".

Last edited by Goodoldflyer; Aug 6, 2022 at 4:53 pm
Old Aug 6, 2022, 4:47 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
I’m gonna come in with an unpopular opinion here, but I think it can be done right in certain situations.

Music can actually help make you feel at ease, but it needs to be chill or low-fidelity (in essence so it falls into the background); a good example of this is the music used in the bathrooms.

Some sky clubs already do this, but I wish more clubs could make it so that the club music is more audible outside the restrooms as to me dead silence actually is more stressful and awkward for some reason.

Like most though, I think a DJ is largely overkill and more than likely to play way too high energy music in what should be a calming environment especially when they could just turn up the volume outside the club by like 10-20%.
wrp96, quoo and Goodoldflyer like this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 8:10 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Why should only *members* matter? They're not DL's "main customer base"?
Because they are the ones that actually pay for the honor of using the club and who else would they survey? Not sure they have a database including contact information of all other people that go in (e.g. bus class, credit card holders, etc).

You missed the main point of my post...if Delta wants to understand how to meet the needs of its customers, it should simply ask its customers (however you define the customer). Most of the time, companies will make assumptions about what their customers want / desire and totally miss the mark. That said, they will not satisfy everyone, but at least could get a general idea of how people feel.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by divrdrew
Because they are the ones that actually pay for the honor of using the club
you think DL lets (certain) amex cardholders just to be nice? And D1 passengers aren't "actually paying"??? lol.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
you think DL lets (certain) amex cardholders just to be nice? And D1 passengers aren't "actually paying"??? lol.
"The only paying customers are the ones that pay for it the same way I do."
Old Aug 7, 2022, 10:59 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by IndyHoosier
"The only paying customers are the ones that pay for it the same way I do."
Let’s be honest Delta could care less about their members. With the way their pricing is set up it’s clear the only reason they exist is so they can say they have something for those without CCs and offer it as a choice benefit
Ghoulish likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 9:12 am

Programs: DL Platinum, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
There was a DJ spinning on the Skydeck at JFK T4 when I was there last month -- he said he was there on Thursdays and Fridays from 5-8pm for the summer. Seems completely reasonable to me, given it's a separate space, outside of business hours, and in an area where you don't expect peace and quiet to begin with. But in the club itself? I certainly didn't mind the music out on the deck, but no thanks.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 9:28 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
I may take out my (acoustic) guitar and play a set next time I'm In Da Club.
defrosted and Goodoldflyer like this.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 9:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Out of my Element
I may take out my (acoustic) guitar and play a set next time I'm In Da Club.
If anyone complains, advise them your market research, in like with Delta's, indicates customers want live music in the lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.