Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

LHR-LAX-PHX - Can I visit the new Sky Club at LAX?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2022, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum

Hi All

First Virgin/ Delta flight ever upcoming in August and I am wondering if I can visit the new SkyClub at T3 (Amex Platinum holder)?

I have 4 hours after arrival from London with Global Entry and hand luggage only (4-8.30pm).

If yes I assume I need to walk to T3? I assume I would need then to bus to something similar like AA‘s Eagle Nest?

Or would you recommend another SkyClub?

Many thanks - sorry total Delta Noob!
Old Jul 28, 2022, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by Duck1981
Hi All

First Virgin/ Delta flight ever upcoming in August and I am wondering if I can visit the new SkyClub at T3 (Amex Platinum holder)?

I have 4 hours after arrival from London with Global Entry and hand luggage only (4-8.30pm).

If yes I assume I need to walk to T3? I assume I would need then to bus to something similar like AA‘s Eagle Nest?

Or would you recommend another SkyClub?

Many thanks - sorry total Delta Noob!
You should be able to take the bus from TBIT to T3 I think. Almost certainly your LAX-PHX leg will be out of T2/3 three. I haven't done an international leg into LAX sense the T2/3 project started so worst case you'll have to walk over to T2/3 to check in but either way you can go to the SC and should have plenty of time to do so.

If, for some reason, your LAX-PHX leg ends up being out of TBIT, then you can go to T2/3 and take the bus back over to TBIT.

With the AMEX plat you have SkyClub access
Duck1981 likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by Dawgfan6291
You should be able to take the bus from TBIT to T3 I think.
The inter terminal shuttle bus is airside, which means once you clear customs you won’t have access to it. Probably just easier walking over to T3 after exiting TBIT.
Duck1981 and WillFlyer like this.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by LittleYaris
The inter terminal shuttle bus is airside, which means once you clear customs you won’t have access to it. Probably just easier walking over to T3 after exiting TBIT.
yeah thought about that after I posted. Not sure if OP could check back in at TBIT with Delta or not but i'd still bet its faster just to walk to T2/3 than re-check and wait on the bus.
Duck1981 likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
yeah thought about that after I posted. Not sure if OP could check back in at TBIT with Delta or not but i'd still bet its faster just to walk to T2/3 than re-check and wait on the bus.
There's a bag drop at TBIT. Turn right exiting customs hall. Bag must be tagged though as 3rd party manages bag recheck for all airlines.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Thanks all, I’ll be on cabin luggage only without check in luggage. Looking forward to see the terrace
Old Jul 29, 2022, 1:16 pm

Programs: DL DM
IME it's quicker to walk to T3 even with the construction on the road. Enjoy!
Duck1981 likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
There's a bag drop at TBIT. Turn right exiting customs hall. Bag must be tagged though as 3rd party manages bag recheck for all airlines.
ah good to know. But I'm guessing time wise it'd still be faster to just leave TBIT, walk to T2 and check in vs re-check at TBIT and wait for the bus?
Old Jul 30, 2022, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
ah good to know. But I'm guessing time wise it'd still be faster to just leave TBIT, walk to T2 and check in vs re-check at TBIT and wait for the bus?
If bags are checked through, drop at bag recheck and walk to T3/T2. No need to deal with lines at checkin at T2/3.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
If bags are checked through, drop at bag recheck and walk to T3/T2. No need to deal with lines at checkin at T2/3.
Oh duh. I didn't even think about it. Thanks for the help.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Oh duh. I didn't even think about it. Thanks for the help.
No problem. As it's not airline specific a lot of people don't realize it's even an option.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 9:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Assuming that you have a single ticket/PNR (and even if you don't, but in that case you would need to ask at LHR), you should get both boarding passes when you check in for the first segment, either OLCI or in person at LHR. IME it's more pleasant to walk landside between terminals at LAX vs taking the airside shuttle bus. However, expect long lines for TSA airport security at LAX if you don't have CLEAR and/or PreCheck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.