Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL domestic/AF international carryon

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2022, 5:42 pm
Original Poster

DL domestic/AF international carryon

Flying J on both segments. AF allows 2 carryons, while DL only allows 1. Would strongly prefer not to check. Do you think DL gate agent will work with me if I have two carry on pieces, or should I not even attempt it? Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 5:58 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by rnbwdsh
Flying J on both segments. AF allows 2 carryons, while DL only allows 1. Would strongly prefer not to check. Do you think DL gate agent will work with me if I have two carry on pieces, or should I not even attempt it? Thanks in advance.
Are you sure that AF allows 2 full-sized carry-ons (e.g. a roller bag)? Or a carry-on and your standard personal item (backpack, shoulder bag, etc.)? Even if they do allow two regular carry-ons, I can't imagine a GA in the hustle of boarding is going to look up AF's policies for J and let it slide - they just have too much going on. I'd assume at worst they'll make you gate check the second carry-on, at best you'll luck out and they won't notice, but it won't have anything to do with your AF flight, if so.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cory6188
Are you sure that AF allows 2 full-sized carry-ons (e.g. a roller bag)? Or a carry-on and your standard personal item (backpack, shoulder bag, etc.)?
Thank you for the advice. Perhaps I’m wishful thinking, or if I’m willing to roll the dice. Here’s is a link to AF policy.

https://wwws.airfrance.us/informatio...e-cabine-soute
Old Jul 19, 2022, 7:46 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by rnbwdsh
Thank you for the advice. Perhaps I’m wishful thinking, or if I’m willing to roll the dice. Here’s is a link to AF policy.

https://wwws.airfrance.us/informatio...e-cabine-soute
Interesting - didn't know any airline allowed 2 carry-on items separate from a personal item (also, wow, that'd be a production for one person to manage that around the terminal, but that's a separate point). Either way, yeah, DL agents are so programmed to think 1+1 that I'd be pretty surprised if they let it slide - but like I said, it's low risk, since worst that happens is they gate check it.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 10:55 am

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
It depends on whether it LOOKS like a carryon. Two roll-aboards, no. But I've seen passengers with a rollaboard, a big shopping bag, a giant purse, and maybe something else as well stroll right on board and fill up an entire overhead, never even using the space under their seat.

You could probably get away with more stuff if it's in small bags.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.