Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Does the Delta app track luggage thru unloading at AMS and onward?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2022, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PLAT and 2MM;AA EXP;MR GOLD;PC Gold

I left the US on Tuesday, connected in ATL to AMS, and there connected on KLM to my European destination. This was all one ticket with luggage checked all the way through. Upon arrival at my final destination, my luggage did not make it. The app shows the luggage was loaded onto the Delta operated flight from ATL to AMS. Should I expect to have seen a message that it was unloaded in AMS? Further, under normal circumstances, should it have continued to track loading and unloading on the final KLM operated segment?

A missing luggage report has been filed at the destination baggage office.

Last edited by NW.BTR.Than.The.Rest; Jun 29, 2022 at 5:25 pm Reason: Correction
Old Jun 29, 2022, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by NW.BTR.Than.The.Rest
I left the US on Tuesday, connected in ATL to AMS, and there connected on KLM to my European destination. This was all one ticket with luggage checked all the way through. Upon arrival at my final destination, my luggage did not make it. The app shows the luggage was loaded onto the Delta operated flight from ATL to AMS. Should I expect to have seen a message that it was unloaded in AMS? Further, under normal circumstances, should it have continued to track loading and unloading on the final KLM operated segment?

A missing luggage report has been filed at the destination baggage office.
No. It'll only go as far as where DL handles. KLM handles DL at AMS, so nothing will show after loading onto plane in US. In reverse though it will show as being loaded onto the DL flight at AMS. There's just no need to send scan bags data when unloading, thus the difference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.