Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Elite Status Qualification - Mid Year Progress Check

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Elite Status Qualification - Mid Year Progress Check

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2022, 1:29 pm

Programs: Delta, Marriott
I'm in rough shape. I need to start buying some more expensive flights before the end of the year or I won't even make silver. Work Travel is down to near zero.

Edit: I just got the Delta Platinum AMEX for sign up bonus and so I doubt i'll hit 25k spend for the back half of the year. I am going to see what I can do though!
photojojo and lindros2 like this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 9:40 pm

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by jasonNYC85
I'm in rough shape. I need to start buying some more expensive flights before the end of the year or I won't even make silver. Work Travel is down to near zero.

Edit: I just got the Delta Platinum AMEX for sign up bonus and so I doubt i'll hit 25k spend for the back half of the year. I am going to see what I can do though!
ditto except.. I am closer to $25k. Will have to redirect spend away from wife card in 4Q
Old Jul 2, 2022, 7:02 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
I easily but depressingly cover about $6K+ in spend in 4Q on property taxes (the early pay discount for that offsets the credit card surcharge) and homeowners and car insurance annual renewal and termite bond (no surcharge fir those) in addition to regular expenses.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 4:55 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Will Probably go for One Last Year as Diamond

I have 280k MQM's and I.8 million miles towards 2MM. Only 4800 MQD's earned and another 4800 MQD's on what I have booked, but not yet flown in 2022.
The 4800 MQD's not yet flown include two rt SAN-FRA on Delta's recent 148k Europe redemption sales.

Wife is also Diamond this year, but she is unlikely to hit Diamond for 2023. She has Plat from the Amex waiver. I don't have a Delta amex card because it is pointless for me.
Between the two of us, we have two companion certs (expiring 12-31-22) and four globals (expiring 1-31-23). I'm rather annoyed with the short expiration period on certs and the general pita that is flying nowadays. I think this is my last year on the airline status slog from when Delta started Diamond status.
EarlVolFan and SuperG1955 like this.

Last edited by Bowgie; Jul 2, 2022 at 5:32 pm
Old Jul 2, 2022, 8:49 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond 3MM, AMEX Delta Reserve, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
I should make Diamond again this year both with MQD's and Card Spend again and with three TATL flights planned, should hit 3 MM early next year. Wife will make Platinum again this year with both qualifications as well.
planes&trains likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 11:07 pm

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
I'm "accidentally" going to hit diamond. I wasn't thinking about the MQMs when I booked some impulse trips during that 48 hour rewards sale. I'm still short on the waiver spending but I'm planning to just go ahead and continue spending on the AMEX so that I can officially hit DM even though I'm usually only good for requalifying for PM.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 1:06 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by photojojo
I'm "accidentally" going to hit diamond. I wasn't thinking about the MQMs when I booked some impulse trips during that 48 hour rewards sale. I'm still short on the waiver spending but I'm planning to just go ahead and continue spending on the AMEX so that I can officially hit DM even though I'm usually only good for requalifying for PM.

It's not a horrible thing. And you do get some GUCs or RUCs as a result!
Old Jul 3, 2022, 2:52 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by FlyingBeanCounter
Does DL reward flights above 15k? UA gives away more plus points for spend above the 1k threshold.
You could get invited to Delta 360 if you spend enough but you'll need to accelerate your spending for the remainder of the year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.