Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Elite Status Qualification - Mid Year Progress Check

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Elite Status Qualification - Mid Year Progress Check

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2022, 5:12 pm

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
Qualified for Diamond for first time in Feb by doing 2 MR's on AM that cost ~$2400 and got me ~14k MQDs. At the time, I was happy to spend the $2400 to secure 2 calendar years of DM (this year and next).
I have been pretty unsatisfied with upgrades as a DM flying out of Detroit. Have not selected any GUCs yet, so no opinion on those. But am enjoying the SkyClub benefit I did select.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 5:45 pm

Programs: DL DM, TK Classic Plus, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Silver
Made DM on June 8th thanks to partner-accrued MQDs after flying KL back from AMS—earliest I've ever made DM! Lots of flights in front this year on LA, AM, KL, etc. for the MQDs. Flying less until summer's over given meltdowns. Still haven't chosen my choice benefits as I'm waiting to see how the new GUC rules shake out over the next few months as I use my last few. UCs in general have been way too difficult to use.
Attached Images  
Old Jun 29, 2022, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by Towerjay
Diamond for next year secured. Switching to United for the next couple months to lock in 1K with them. Not really a fan of theirs, but given the instability in travel right now I value options more than anything and having top tier on 2 majors makes that a lot easier. Once that is secured, will probably switch back to Delta for the last 5 months of the year.

Why not then also go for status on AA once you have UA an DL top status?
Old Jun 29, 2022, 6:14 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Most all of my travel this year has been burning miles - and although I've flown to the UK 2x in D1 with a 3rd scheduled I've used GUCs for all of the upgrades.
So I'm at
MQMs - 92,938 (but 2/3 rollover)
MQSs - 16
MQDs - $1,422

I may try for the Plat MQD waiver.

Glad I hit 2MM lifetime a few years back and snared continuing (as long as DL doesn't take it back) Gold - at least I get ST E+. I guess I'm going to start paying for C+ next January!
Old Jun 29, 2022, 6:21 pm

Programs: Skymiles - Diamond; HH - Diamond; IHG - Spire; United - 1K; Marriott - Titanium
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
Why not then also go for status on AA once you have UA an DL top status?
Unfortunately AA's schedules really don't work well for my usual travel destinations. Additionally, I am somewhat allergic to CLT after spending more nights on the floor there than I care to remember thanks to a wave of WX issues a few years back when I gave them a try, lol
Old Jun 29, 2022, 6:58 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
MQMs: 190K (lots of rollover)
MQSs: 35
MQDs: $6,150
Card Spend: $21K+

While MQD's seem like it won't be enough, I've got about $5k booked already (PS fare then GUC to D1, plus a few other trips) and will get the other $4k for diamond pretty easily. Most of my (work) trips are only booked 1-3 weeks out.

I could change airlines for some flights and hold short of the MQDs but I like the GUCs/Club/etc. I choose for Choice Benefits.

So having Diamond for another year+ is a positive for me. Hoping to retire in next 12-18 months, and at least - like mot29 above -- have 2MM so gold for...who knows how long.

I also have an embarrassing amount of sky pesos - which is why I didn't post a screen shot LOL.
coast_2_coast likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 7:03 pm

I hit Diamond and 1k. Now I am debating flying a foreign carrier to see if I can arbitrage something for next year. If I get status on a star alliance carrier I get into the UC for free. No that it is worth much.

Does DL reward flights above 15k? UA gives away more plus points for spend above the 1k threshold.

If I could guarantee GS I would probably focus on UA. Alas, there is nothing that can be done to guarantee it.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 7:13 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
I am in the same boat I keep wondering if I should give AA a try or go for my 3MM which I might make this year or early as next since I am 125K short, and can make 4 MM in before I come off the road. I think AA also has a Concierge Key challenge which would be a plus since I am always close to 360 but will never make it.

Old Jun 29, 2022, 7:13 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Gold, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Hit Diamond last week
MQMs: 298K: 233K rollover, 50K BIS + 15K amex reserve
MQSs: 36
MQDs: $15,641

Debating switching to fly UA and AA to earn status with them or just continuing to rack up rollover MQMs.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 8:43 pm

Work travel hasn’t picked up again to pre pandemic levels yet so if I requalify for DM it will be by the skin of my teeth.

Currently sitting on 316k MQMs thanks to rollover and not burning any last year but only $5600 on MQDs with about $6k in travel booked for the rest of the year.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 8:51 pm

Programs: DL DM
Just requaled for PM by hitting the $25K Amex waiver. Not a chance of making DM this year due to new job, but totally happy with PM.

Question though: I hit the $25K threshold with the purchase of a refundable $2K DL ticket for next month. Things are looking like I might need to cancel it and take the refund. Assuming I don’t hit $2K in additional spend between now and then, how much of a headache is it going to be if spend is retracted in terms of DL status/waiver qualification? I totally know I’ll spend way more than $2K before the year’s end, but just wondering what chaos a refund right now would cause if that makes sense!
Old Jun 29, 2022, 8:59 pm

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by beachmouse
And me. Currently at 128K MQMs, will finish this year above 150K MQMs and I see a pathway to holding PM through the end of 2025 and a soft landing to GM for 2026.

I’m a middle class leisure flyer so DM is never going to happen. My goal is to hang onto what status I can get for as long as possible.
I am in the same club and suspect there are a lot of us in it. I fly enough for FO and got PM because of the Covid exceptions. It should last a few years, and I’m enjoying it. I won’t hit DM but would avoid DL if I was in danger of hitting it as I’d rather have PM for longer.

beachmouse and Goodoldflyer like this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 5:48 am

Programs: Delta DM/Amex Reserve 2 Million Miler
Any word on an accelerator promotion for the fall or year end….???.
I believe American and United lowered their top tier requirements for 2023 status earlier in the
year….but Delta held back
Currently a Diamond
with mqms 326,531 and mqds YTD 6920
expect another 6000 mqds by year end with trips currently booked
Old Jun 30, 2022, 7:03 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Given the infinite rollover of 2020-21, I can only see another accelerate promo if the economy tanks enough that we see 70% load factors for 4Q.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Sitting at 177K MQMs and 4K MQDs with 10 Segments. Like others, sitting on a bank of rollover from 2020 and 2021. Also closing in on the AmEx MQD Waiver so I'll be PM for 2023.

I currently have about 18K more MQMs booked plus will get the first Reserve boost for an additional 15K so barring any changes I should be sitting at well over 200K MQMs by the end of year even without any additional flights booked, though I am expecting more travel. The currently booked MQDs will put me around 8-9K MQDs.

Had I directed some flights that I took earlier this year to DL instead of UA, I would be qualifying for DM. That said, given the changes to DM, I'm not all that sad and instead have hit UA Gold and am close enough to UA Plat that I will MR for that if I otherwise don't get any natural travel on UA. If I still happen to fly enough on DL to cross the DM MQD threshold, then great, but I won't be going much out of my way to do it given the changes to DM and what I would value out of it (GUCs) and I may well direct that travel to UA to close in on the gap for UA 1K if UA is a viable option. For now, WRT to DL, I'm happier to take the rollover and keep PM projected further versus getting DM.

Originally Posted by robnsfla
Any word on an accelerator promotion for the fall or year end….???.
I believe American and United lowered their top tier requirements for 2023 status earlier in the
year….but Delta held back
Currently a Diamond
with mqms 326,531 and mqds YTD 6920
expect another 6000 mqds by year end with trips currently booked
My guess is no. Planes are packed - perhaps even over-packed right now. I don't see DL needing to do much to entice elites this year. Also, AA didn't lower its requirements - it just outright changed the program to the new "Loyalty Points" program and if you make it just by flying, even as an already EXP, it's close to double what it used to cost to obtain EXP unless you also earn "Loyalty Points" via other methods to reduce the amount of flight spend LPs needed (EXP would cost you at least $18,182 dollars in base fare of flying unless you earn LPs via other methods too or via partner flights).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.