Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL screwed me again

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2022, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

DL screwed me again

Just got a notification of a delayed morning flight, making connection impossible.

Rebooked in app to depart earlier, and staying on the same connecting flight the same.

I lost my original seat on the second flight (which was unchanged). Instead of exit row seat, I'm now in the middle in the back. No other seats available in app.

Recommendations what to do?

Call line 6 hour wait, text messaging, 160 minute wait.
Old May 20, 2022, 8:39 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Yup the IRROPS suck. The other day I went from a 3 segment itinerary with two F upgrades to ~10 hours in middle seats. The rebooking engine doesn't preserve upgrades even on legs that are unchanged.
cmd320 likes this.
Old May 20, 2022, 8:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DLASflyer
Yup the IRROPS suck. The other day I went from a 3 segment itinerary with two F upgrades to ~10 hours in middle seats. The rebooking engine doesn't preserve upgrades even on legs that are unchanged.
How is that acceptable? Is there no recourse?
Old May 20, 2022, 11:11 pm

Programs: Delta, United
Hmmm ... for OP I would be sending in a complaint and asking for a Delta credit for $100. Simply because once there are IRROPS one should be able to first approve any changes. The auto changes are not acceptable.
Old May 21, 2022, 12:02 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Just think of airplane travel as a way to get from A to B.

That part is still happening, right?
Adam1222, LETTERBOY and JbirdMD11 like this.
Old May 21, 2022, 12:22 am

Programs: DL DM
I wish there was a way to “Opt Out” of auto rebookings. I’ve been fortunate to not have to deal with a lot of IROPS, but when I do, the auto rebooking tool (VIPER) often makes a mess of it and I have to hurriedly undo whatever it has done.
strickerj likes this.
Old May 21, 2022, 2:23 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by smartytravel
How is that acceptable? Is there no recourse?
It’s not acceptable.

The only recourse is to call because an experienced phone agent can keep the upgraded segments in OU
formeraa and gretchendz like this.
Old May 21, 2022, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar
Hmmm ... for OP I would be sending in a complaint and asking for a Delta credit for $100. Simply because once there are IRROPS one should be able to first approve any changes. The auto changes are not acceptable.
Sure, don't rebook, this way passenger doesn't fly at all.

BTW OP didn't say auto rebooked, he said he rebooked in app.
formeraa likes this.
Old May 21, 2022, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
It’s not acceptable.

The only recourse is to call because an experienced phone agent can keep the upgraded segments in OU
This, call or text or ask at airport. The system has no way to understand you're inF already. It goes by your ticket, not reservation for class of service. Medallion upgrades don't get new tickets issued.
formeraa and btonkid12345 like this.
Old May 21, 2022, 6:32 am
Original Poster

It's not possible to reach DL.

Phone lines 5h+ wait, messaging says 80 minutes, but after 80 minutes they say it would be another 80 minutes, and then another 80 minutes.

​​​​​​I'm really unhappy with this experience.
strickerj, manacit and Daitheflu84 like this.
Old May 21, 2022, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Check in agent: oh, i can't help you with seats on your connecting flight. talk to the gate agent.

Gate agent: i didn't change your seat. Can't help you.

Ownership nonexistent. Customer service nonexistent.
strickerj and bitterproffit like this.
Old May 21, 2022, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Check in agent: oh, i can't help you with seats on your connecting flight. talk to the gate agent.

Gate agent: i didn't change your seat. Can't help you.

ownership - on you. You made the change. I can understand the confusion on rebooking to same flight and losing upgrade. However it clearly stated you were being booked in main in app.
Old May 21, 2022, 7:18 am

Programs: AA,DL,F9,UA,WN
You could switch your business to American or United.

Oh, wait.
photojojo, milski and btonkid12345 like this.
Old May 21, 2022, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerCO
ownership - on you. You made the change. I can understand the confusion on rebooking to same flight and losing upgrade. However it clearly stated you were being booked in main in app.
Hi! Sorry if I weren't clear. I didn't have an upgrade. I just had an aisle seat in regular main cabin. I lost that seat even though the only flight that changed was the first leg.

I had to rebook because my flight was leaving a 25 minute connection, which was below MCT.
Mhyduchak likes this.
Old May 21, 2022, 8:08 am

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, various hotel
Originally Posted by flyerCO
It absolutely does not clearly state that a segment you already have booked will be canceled and rebooked.

The concept of ownership here would mean that an agent would understand that’s a bad situation and “own” making it right even if they didn’t personally cause it. Getting a customer out of a middle seat is an eminently doable task, especially on the first station where there were still likely blocked aisles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.