Wiki Posts
Search

Seats blocked for operational purposes

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2022, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Seats blocked for operational purposes

I booked 5 of us (plus a lap infant) on one PNR and assigned seats as follows:

Then I booked my parents on a separate PNR and tried to get them into the middle seats but I get this:

I did an online chat with Delta, linked the PNRs and then they told me that we cannot select those seats as they are reserved for operational needs. Aside from those seats I can pick other nearby seats on the original booking (rows 42 and 43 A,B,C) but not the second one (it would be nice to get row 43 A&C as well in case the plane isn't full and we have an empty middle). Is there anything I can do here to move my parents closer or will this get resolved at the airport/online check in so we can sit near each other. Right now my parents have 2 aisle seats further up the plane as this was all that was showing as available.
Old May 10, 2022, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Delta has been randomly blocking lots of seats in the last year or so - sometimes they will unblock, sometimes not. I have not seen a coherent reason suggested.

It's unlikely someone will get assigned into that block. Keep an eye on it to release, and worst cast the middle seat pax is not going to reject a swap to a non-middle further forward.
Old May 10, 2022, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by findark
Keep an eye on it to release, and worst cast the middle seat pax is not going to reject a swap to a non-middle further forward.
True, it would be weird for someone to prefer a middle seat at the back surrounded by kids....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.