Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL Red Coat vs Gate Agent smackdown this morning

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL Red Coat vs Gate Agent smackdown this morning

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2022, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
Fair enough. Sometimes I find out that I had a whole fight with my wife that I didn't even know about, because the whole thing happened in her head. She will get mad at me because she made up a reason *why* I did something that irritated her, and be mad about that reason (that she made up). I see the same thing here - people assign motives to strangers and then complain about those motives. Seems like a massive waste of cycles to me.
I see a Forensic files episode in the making. 🤪
Old Apr 10, 2022, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
Why? Didn't it ever seem dumb to you that if you had a boarding pass on your phone you were expected to scan it yourself, but if you had paper you had to hand it to someone & have them scan it? What is it about a paper boarding pass that requires the services of a trained professional????
I've been asked to hand over my cell. I've also been told to scan paper BP myself.

Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
"identify them beforehand" how? And how do you plan on notifying them that it's their time to board once you've magically identified them?

not really sure what problem this is actually solving anyway, even if you could magically do it.
If you need assistance you need to tell the agent. At WN you don't just stroll down the jetbridge because they've announced preboarding. You have to informed them that you need it. Same can be done with DL.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 6:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, NK $9 fare club
Talking

Originally Posted by flyerCO
I see a Forensic files episode in the making. 🤪
Forensic Files II

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.