Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Cardstock Boarding Passes

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2022, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Delta Cardstock Boarding Passes

Do y'all ever receive cardstock boarding passes anymore? I used to receive them out of Atlanta a lot but that has seemed to stop.

I know its a small thing but I like to keep them and they don't stay as long as some of my older cardstock ones from the 90's and early 2000's do.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 3:54 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Occasionally.
CPMaverick likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 4:11 pm

Programs: UA*S, AA Plat, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Always flimsy receipt paper, even from agents… only time I’ve gotten card was at an international outstation. BOS, DCA, LGA, JFK, SEA, couldn’t ever get a card boarding pass
Old Mar 25, 2022, 5:17 pm

Programs: DL DM
The only domestic station I have received them at within the last few years is LAS.
rylan likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 5:22 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
PT: Keep your cardstock BPs and sell them on ebay. People buy them just as they buy your sky medallion tags on ebay
Old Mar 25, 2022, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by cwhath
Do y'all ever receive cardstock boarding passes anymore? I used to receive them out of Atlanta a lot but that has seemed to stop.

I know its a small thing but I like to keep them and they don't stay as long as some of my older cardstock ones from the 90's and early 2000's do.
Ask at gates in E terminal at ATL. It'll be on cardstock.

AFAIK all can print them. However they must tell system to print on the cardstock printer instead of recipet style printer..
Old Mar 26, 2022, 2:34 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
For a while I used to get receipt paper at RDU, but for the last couple months (including today) I've been getting self check in kiosks printing on cardstock
Old Mar 26, 2022, 9:02 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
HNL has them at the gates.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 9:06 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
RDU pretty consistently has cardstock at the counter, I never use the kiosks so no idea about those.

Tried to see if they could print my BP for a VS flight the next morning on a separate ticket since ime JFK usually only has thermal paper and they were nice enough to try.
hhdl likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 9:57 pm

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
It's funny you brought that up. There was another thread two weeks ago talking about being offered international upgrades at the gate for cash. I swore I had done this recently and I wanted to dig in to my receipts because if it was thermal paper, it was at the gate at CVG, and if it was the thicker stock, it meant I did it at the ticket counter. CVG and DAY ticket counters are the only two places I've still be getting the card stock (not from the kiosk, but the counter).

For what it's worth, I can't go look now because I have guests sleeping in that room. I never did follow up on that other thread.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 11:42 pm

Programs: former MD-88 jumpseat Medallion. DL FO, AA PLT PRO. Marriott LT Plat.
for most of these stations, its more about if DL utilizes common-use gates or if everything is Delta proprietary. Its not necessarily the whole station or nothing at all, but having common-use gates tends to have a greater chance that you'll see cardstock.

Vegas is entirely common use, and I think RDU is also, so you'll get the cardstock there. Some of the Seattle gates are "Port" gates (Port of Seattle) so you'll see cardstock there, but not at the other ones. The LAX gates at TBIT have cardstock, but not at Terminal 2. The new terminal at PHX has them. ATL F concourse gates has them, and a few of the E concourse gates (E34 & E36 I think) down where B6 and Spirit have a departure or two. The rest of E became all Delta gates once F opened, so they only have the flimsy paper now. I have even seen cardstock at PIT at 1 or 2 of the gates further down on D concourse that ACAA owns (not D76 or D78 though, which are the closest gates to the tram that DL uses exclusively).
CPMaverick and fsuj25 like this.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 9:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
One of the few things I like about AA is that they still use the old style card stock for paper boarding passes in many cases (mostly at outstations and when printing from the ticket counter). It's a cool throwback and reminds me of the era when tickets came in holders.

I've also seen some interesting card stock at international Delta outstations.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 10:09 am

Programs: DL, Hilton, National
Received cardstock from TA at SAN yesterday.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 11:58 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I checked a bag at STL and got the old fashioned thick boarding cards. I like them better than the flimsy paper ones that come out of the kiosks where the ink smears.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ND76
I checked a bag at STL and got the old fashioned thick boarding cards. I like them better than the flimsy paper ones that come out of the kiosks where the ink smears.
The paper ones are inkless. They use thermal printing.
PanAmSam likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.