Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

ex-LATAM A350's DL featuring LATAM seat config - Consolidated Reviews

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ex-LATAM A350's DL featuring LATAM seat config - Consolidated Reviews

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2022, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Believe you are seeing: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delt...tam-seats.html
Old Jun 5, 2022, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Any clue if DL locks the windows on these A350s?
Old Jun 5, 2022, 12:23 pm

Programs: DL DM PM
I also fell victim to this one and was going to cancel when I remembered I got a cheap flight and upgraded using my last 2 GUCs (pre policy change). Don't want to mess with the new GUC rules so I'm sticking with it - but only because it was cheap. Looks like you can't even block between seats for solo traveler privacy.

No way I would pay D1 prices for this config - no direct aisle access for all D1 seats belying Delta's "promise" - but note that there is no PS cabin, so this is a bird that is eligible for direct Main Cabin -> D1 using a GUC.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 12:36 pm

Programs: DL-Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Any clue if DL locks the windows on these A350s?
350s dont have electronic windows, the photo posted was a 787 but with the seating configuration the 350 has.
350 has traditional window shades.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie
I also fell victim to this one and was going to cancel when I remembered I got a cheap flight and upgraded using my last 2 GUCs (pre policy change). Don't want to mess with the new GUC rules so I'm sticking with it - but only because it was cheap. Looks like you can't even block between seats for solo traveler privacy.

No way I would pay D1 prices for this config - no direct aisle access for all D1 seats belying Delta's "promise" - but note that there is no PS cabin, so this is a bird that is eligible for direct Main Cabin -> D1 using a GUC.
The arm rest raises to form a wall for privacy when sleeping.
NotHamSarnie likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 9:24 pm

ATL - SEA starts in August 2022

My flight from SEA - ATL in October changed from a 757 to this Delta/Latam A350, I think it's an upgrade.
ebayj and ExArkie like this.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Old LATAM A350/New DL A350

Can't find the main thread, but hopefully mods can move this there.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/delta-...s-to-know/amp/

TPG posted nice report with photos of these new DL A350s from LATAM.

Apparently despite not going all aisle, they did refurbish/replace (not sure which) the seats. Its fully DL looking now.

Photo from TPG
JojaFlyer and strickerj like this.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 5:50 am

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
Apparently, these seats are 25 inches in length. Look, I think the suite door is gimmicky anyways. If I got an extra 5-6 inches of width and didn't have the coffin-feeling of the suites and HAD to be in the middle section, I wouldn't mind this.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 6:49 am

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
And this has center overheads!

The lack of overheads on A350 in ONE bothered me. Both from a storage and “looks like they forgot to install something” perspective.
DiverDave and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Can't find the main thread, but hopefully mods can move this there.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/delta-...s-to-know/amp/

TPG posted nice report with photos of these new DL A350s from LATAM.

Apparently despite not going all aisle, they did refurbish/replace (not sure which) the seats. Its fully DL looking now.

Photo from TPG
nothing was replaced hardware wise. Its just seat covers, carpet, bulkhead wall paper, stuff like that.

These airplanes will get the D1 suit currently seen on the original Delta A350s. IIRC only the first 3 or 4 from LATAM will have this temporary product, the rest will come from Singapore with the D1S seats installed.
Delta just wasn't able to get the seats from the OEM fast enough to go a head and replace them.
ebayj and strickerj like this.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 10:06 am

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by Dawgfan6291
nothing was replaced hardware wise. Its just seat covers, carpet, bulkhead wall paper, stuff like that.

These airplanes will get the D1 suit currently seen on the original Delta A350s. IIRC only the first 3 or 4 from LATAM will have this temporary product, the rest will come from Singapore with the D1S seats installed.
Delta just wasn't able to get the seats from the OEM fast enough to go a head and replace them.
Hate to say I like the LATAM one better…
then again I love KLM 787 business class too…
ebayj likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by lindros2
Hate to say I like the LATAM one better…
then again I love KLM 787 business class too…
I like the LATAM seat better too but wish it was somehow in a 1-2-1.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

This is much more than seat covers being changed.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I'm not seeing how its much more than upholstery and reprogramming the IFE. Look back at the links in the first post - cabin layout and seats are the same.
CPMaverick likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 2:25 pm

Programs: UA silver, Bonvoy silver
I like the LATAM seat better too but wish it was somehow in a 1-2-1.
Wouldn't a 1-2-1 version of the LATAM seats be called international first?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.