Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

ex-LATAM A350's DL featuring LATAM seat config - Consolidated Reviews

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2022, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM

Not a good look here....

https://thepointsguy.com/news/delta-...tdated-cabins/
https://onemileatatime.com/news/delt...r-airbus-a350/
dlflyer00 likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 10:25 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, DL FO
Already being discussed here: Best Seats, Amenities, & Experiences on Delta's A350
Old Mar 14, 2022, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I'm guessing there's issue with supply issues getting new seats and finding companies to do actual modification. (China has been the goto place, and going there isn't easy, even with no passengers) At least they announced they'll be used on specific routes. Should help with knowing what you're getting.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 11:04 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
It's temporary for three frames this summer only. File this under What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about? (DL version)
Old Mar 14, 2022, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Definitely not something I'd consider a non-substantive issue. This is a major downgrade the current configuration for both the A350 and A330 aircraft. DL continues to market the impacted routes as D1 suites and direct aisle access for all international D1 yet that is no longer the case.

I certainly wouldn't be happy to have previously booked a D1 flight on the 333 and find out it was changed to this configuration and loose direct aisle access and privacy. Or, pax who paid for PS are downgraded to a C+ seat.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 11:41 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
It's temporary for three frames this summer only. File this under What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about? (DL version)
I don't think this topic belongs in that thread, I think it's worthy of note and discussion. But I don't think it's an earth-shattering development either due to it's temporary and limited nature. It could definitely be a downer for people who wind up on these planes this summer though.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 11:49 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
If you think that the business class seat an airline sells is irrelevant and trivial, I think you are on the wrong website.

And complaining about people talking about it is far more trivial in any case.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 11:52 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, DL FO
Where does it say that this is only for the summer? This new config is on ATL-SCL through the end of the schedule in February.
ebayj and CPMaverick like this.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 12:50 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Delta shouldn't market these seats as D1 suites when they are not the same product. Even the 767 configurations are optimal to 2x2x2.
Delta needs to sell and market this clearly until they decide to upgrade these aircraft.
rylan and drminn like this.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 1:02 pm

When I am traveling solo, I would definitely book away from this equipment if possible, but for some leisure routes, some customers (i.e. my spouse) would view this as a positive since companions would not be separated. It would be nice if DL had some seats in each J configuration that were more optimal for travelers with companions. Even the center sections are not very convenient given the high walls and access being in different aisles.
John Portland likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 1:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
If I'm reading this right, these flights should be good uses of GUCs since there's no PE cabin...
​​​​​
ebayj, JBa, josephstern and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 7:38 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, DL Platinum
Obviously, if there are supply-chain issues, it's understandable from an operational standpoint. But if I'd paid cash (or even Delta's risible award prices) for a D1 seat and got this on a long-haul flight, I'd expect compensation. Delta should freely offer $500 (and maybe $1000 for those on full J fares) in cash, or more in credit, each way for people whose aircraft are swapped out for these, and it should issue a prominent warning on ticket receipts and booking pages when this new configuration is the one being used for a particular flight. It's just not the advertised product.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DCAproducer
Delta shouldn't market these seats as D1 suites when they are not the same product. Even the 767 configurations are optimal to 2x2x2.
Delta needs to sell and market this clearly until they decide to upgrade these aircraft.
Oh please. Give me this over the non-refurbed 763s even without direct aisle access for all seats. If you want the direct aisle access take the middle section.
Adam1222 and John Portland like this.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 8:29 pm

I’ve been on the 787 version of this (don’t think I’ve had the 350 yet) and it’s a lot more spacious than most Business class products, even if from the window you need to walk in front of the next seat to get to the aisle. The pitch is sufficient to make that easy, To call it a disaster is a tempest in a teapot.

If they were taking ex-JJ 777 models or similar, then we’d have something really bad.

The only really bad thing here is that the lovely service LAN used to offer on these birds will turn into Delta’s notion of “service” and undoubtedly we shall see fewer frequencies of LATAM’s long haul service as a result of fewer airframes, and more of DL taking a product that felt good because of the service, and putting it into an environment where that service is almost certain to disappoint.
ebayj, cmd320 and Duke787 like this.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 9:35 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Silver, IHG Platinum, One Man Street Fair in my spare time
Ah, Sheena. I sensed product consistency shenanigans when I booked my "D1" to SCL the other day for my Patagonia trip next year in February, and saw A350-900 2-2-2 in "D1" - but the routing and schedule was ideal for me, and I guess there is a chance of a glow up refurbish - but I won't hold my breath. My outlay for one way SFO-ATL-SCL was 47,000 miles in Premium Economy, plus $499 for ATL-SCL leg only to get the lie flat, so while it is not the D1 product, I can live with it.

Last edited by ebayj; Mar 14, 2022 at 9:54 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.