Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta unofficial PNR viewer

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2022, 11:15 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Looks like DL asked for this to be disabled again. Pretty lame, but pretty much par for the course that they can't get a simple filter deployed in a week (nevermind that they didn't have filtering in place to begin with on a public, unsecured API).

Of course, the need for pnr.sh is a problem of Delta's making to begin with. If DL would just plumb through record locators for other airlines to the web view for your reservation, like every other airline does, we wouldn't need this tool to begin with.
RealHJ likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 11:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by BenA
Looks like DL asked for this to be disabled again. Pretty lame, but pretty much par for the course that they can't get a simple filter deployed in a week (nevermind that they didn't have filtering in place to begin with on a public, unsecured API).

Of course, the need for pnr.sh is a problem of Delta's making to begin with. If DL would just plumb through record locators for other airlines to the web view for your reservation, like every other airline does, we wouldn't need this tool to begin with.
Indeed, they asked for another week to make changes to their APIs. They have a respectful security team and I am not building this to actively antagonize DL, so I figure it is a fair request (albeit one that does not fix any root causes, as you mention). I don't intend on taking the GitHub repository down, though, as it basically resets the repository when I do this and does not seem reasonable to keep doing.
volabam and hhdl like this.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 9:59 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
IMO a proper approach for you to take.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 10:52 am

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; Hilton Diamond
Is there any documentation available for someone with moderate Linux experience to host this privately?
Old Mar 19, 2022, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by arunhn
Is there any documentation available for someone with moderate Linux experience to host this privately?
Install go. Run "go run ./cmd" - that should be it.
arunhn and hhdl like this.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by Beltway2A
I can't decipher Go and would rather run the web app at home and communicate directly with Delta.com than use a public facing website. I don't think anyone has discussed installing an application.
I'm not sure what potential threat you're worried about using the pnr.sh website that wouldn't also be a problem if you grabbed a container image that someone else built.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 6:44 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
I'm not sure what potential threat you're worried about using the pnr.sh website that wouldn't also be a problem if you grabbed a container image that someone else built.
The most obvious would be a remote server retaining logs of form post data containing names and record locators. dflyer00 has said this isn't occurring, and I trust them given their transparency in the github repo, but it's also reasonable to want to run the code locally to verify that for yourself.

If the github repo contained a Dockerfile, you could briefly audit the code yourself to confirm it is doing what you expect and not performing any surreptitious logging, then clone the repo and quickly build the container image yourself from scratch. Seems like a reasonable mitigation to me. If the upstream base golang image is compromised, there are much more fundamentally bad things going on in the world.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by BenA
The most obvious would be a remote server retaining logs of form post data containing names and record locators. dflyer00 has said this isn't occurring, and I trust them given their transparency in the github repo, but it's also reasonable to want to run the code locally to verify that for yourself.
If you're running someone else's docker container then you're not guaranteed they haven't inserted anything.

If the github repo contained a Dockerfile, you could briefly audit the code yourself to confirm it is doing what you expect and not performing any surreptitious logging, then clone the repo and quickly build the container image yourself from scratch. Seems like a reasonable mitigation to me. If the upstream base golang image is compromised, there are much more fundamentally bad things going on in the world.
anyone who is capable of this level of auditing is capable of writing a dockerfile for this repo. you probably wouldn't need more than like 6 lines.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Someone just contributed a Dockerfile to the repository, so it should now be easy to run via Docker as well.
volabam likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 9:27 am

Programs: DL PM
For anyone running a copy of the script locally, looks like Delta started filtering out RMRK and SPCL remarks. Looks like I’m going to file a GDPR subject access request to see this info later
Old Mar 24, 2022, 11:23 am

One nugget I found before the remarks were shut down is a note of DUPE. I have a couple nested trips coming up--I'm bringing young relatives to visit and since they've never flown before I'm going to accompany them. So I fly down alone, pick them up and fly home with them on a different tick (all on the same day) and then fly back on the second ticket with them, and then fly home alone on the first ticket (again on the same day). Both PNRs had a DUPE note with reference to the other's PNR.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by itsabravenewworld
For anyone running a copy of the script locally, looks like Delta started filtering out RMRK and SPCL remarks. Looks like I’m going to file a GDPR subject access request to see this info later
Yeah, Delta has been re-enabled on the site as they let me know today that they have filtered the information they would like to. Luckily, it seems they kept the OA_REC_LOC flag in the reservation, so you should still be able to retrieve other airline PNRs. It's a bit of a pain to read though, on AF my record locator is XXXXXX in: "1MUC1AXXXXXX/NYCAF08AA/3399312/NYC/AF/A/US//SU". Maybe I can parse this out if I can figure out what everything else means.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 11:29 pm

Anyone see anything good?

My RMRK rows were pretty boring when they were available. Did anyone see any juicy tidbits about GAs or FAs dishing about them?
Old Mar 25, 2022, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by dlflyer00
Yeah, Delta has been re-enabled on the site as they let me know today that they have filtered the information they would like to. Luckily, it seems they kept the OA_REC_LOC flag in the reservation, so you should still be able to retrieve other airline PNRs. It's a bit of a pain to read though, on AF my record locator is XXXXXX in: "1MUC1AXXXXXX/NYCAF08AA/3399312/NYC/AF/A/US//SU". Maybe I can parse this out if I can figure out what everything else means.

When I looked up a DL PNR for AF flights, it had the exact same info as you (except for the AF PNR of course)
Old Mar 25, 2022, 10:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dlflyer00
"1A" refers to Amadeus. I suspect if you had UA on the PNR it would say UAXXXXXX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.