Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Miles Newbie

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2022, 5:55 pm
Original Poster

Sky Miles Newbie

I've tried to do the research on this question I promise and part of the wrench is on some sites it looks like things changed January 1, 2022 and I can't make heads or tails of all the different options on Deltas site.

So I have always flown Southwest but came across 70K Delta points through an Amex card. If I purchase 5 tickets for 14K Delta miles each and later on needed to cancel would I get all of the miles back to my account or have to pay $150 per ticket?

I'm expect most of you will likely roll your eyes that this is common knowledge but I really can't find a definitive answer since I don't fully understand what is refundandable ticket for Delta and what their current policy actaully is in their terms and conditions. One term has like 4 somewhat contradicting subterms.

I know with Southwest I can get them all back and is part of the reason I like the company so much. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old Feb 19, 2022, 6:34 pm

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by panerd
I'm expect most of you will likely roll your eyes that this is common knowledge but I really can't find a definitive answer since I don't fully understand what is refundandable ticket for Delta and what their current policy actaully is in their terms and conditions. One term has like 4 somewhat contradicting subterms.

I know with Southwest I can get them all back and is part of the reason I like the company so much. Any help is greatly appreciated!
We won’t roll our eyes about your question, but we will roll our eyes about the fact that you missed the sticky thread for such questions at the top of this page.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There are two types of coach awards on Delta. Basic Economy awards can be redeposited, but there will be a 9900 mile deduction for domestic awards (there's a warning message to that effect that shows before purchase). Main Cabin awards have no mileage deductions or fees for redeposit and can be cancelled up to departure (there is no longer a $150 redeposit fee as it was dropped after Covid). There are no redeposits after journey has begun (you can't get a partial refund of miles for partially flown awards).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.