Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

If you purchase a seat for an infant, can you still do infant-in-arms?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

If you purchase a seat for an infant, can you still do infant-in-arms?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2022, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by aww3583

Long story short, OP will be fine. Buy the lightest car seat you can find and a car seat bag. Carrying those things through an airport is a nightmare.
if you are not going to do in arms, and you will fly with the child more then once, get a stroller system where your car seat attaches to the stroller base and stroller the car seat.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 11:55 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by kavok
The child was only a few months old (well under age two). I suspected it was a rogue FA, and at the time didn’t feel like challenging it. The cost/benefit of doing so didn’t seem worth it at the time.
Whether it was the FA going rogue or the FA trying to be extra-caring (but perhaps either not being all that tactful or precise about what is allowed and not allowed), I definitely hear you on not feeling like challenging it then.

The sort of interesting thing is that some DL FAs have made an issue about the use of the FAA-allowed CARES harness use for U2 children even when they shouldn't have and then suggested that the toddler be moved into the lap instead of being left in the booked seat with the CARES fastener. And some FAs even have said it's ok to take a crying infant or screaming U2 toddler out of a car seat when the child seems to want to play Houdini but only has its vocal cords to try to get an accomplice with its escape artist act.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.